Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Islam In US Prisons ~~ 2% Of US Population

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Diesel
    As for the airborne part...well, there is a reason they have patients wear face masks...as do the doctors & nurses
    In surgery and intensive care units, yes, and it's because even a common cold can kill someone recuperating from a serious operation. A cold can be passed on by coughing. HIV can't. There have never been any documented cases of HIV transmission by saliva alone. The greatest risk in surgery would be of HIV-infected blood spraying from an artery. If you have that situation in a prison, the risk of infection is insignificant compared to the risk of the woulded prisoner bleeding to death.

Were you much cop at these civil rights actions?
    "Were you much cop at these civil rights actions?"

Forgive me cousin...but I haven't the slighest idea of what you mean by that comment.

Fidel Castro...of all people instituted the only program worldwide that works...quarentine!

Political Casteration prevents the saving of perhaps what will be untold millions of lives by politicalizing HIV/AIDS and making quarentine a dirty word...but it works!

What is happening in Africa is truly a tragedy and I doubt that quarentine would work there anyway...it requires a level of discipline that is not evident on the dark continent...and going by the conduct of my Nigerian tenants...well, let's just say that they are very active and rather careless!

So, we can't stop what is happening...no one wants it or would let it...which leaves the dark continent open for recolonization in about 12-30 years...reasonably in most of our lifetimes. Nothing left but roving bands of bandits with guns and sufficient isolation to consider them as having been quarentined...and there may be some wildlife recovery...!

So, offer a choise to the 'hardcase offenders...stay in prison in CONUS/or be resettled in the African Colonial Empire Colony at (insert name here) with technical and medcal support for 20 years from 'Mother America' and your loving families who may join you but not return!

I daresay...most would probably make it given the nature of the challenge...root hog or die being the 'word' of the day!
    I mean, did your efforts in the courts bear fruit? Did you actually achieve anything?

And does this scheme of yours still apply only to muslim prisoners? You should pass it over to Colin Powell. Let us know how you get on...
    We had some success...got seriously ill prisoners assigned to hospital wards and isolated from uninfected prisoners;

some prisoners ended up in protective custody because others would want to hurt/kill them if the HIV factor was found out;

I stopped some of that by pointing out to an 'agressor' that if he cut his hand on the HIV pos' tooth he the agressor might die from the small wound;

Collin Powell, Bush's house boy, doesn't want to hear from me...! All he has going is that he got his ticket punched in all the right places after graduating from the Point;

Actually, we, US, might want to locate islamic prisoners in colonies different from the rest...that would happen anyway because US prisoners self segregate into like kind!

:cool:
    This site deals with some of the issues we discuss here...and some will likely be offended but I found it rather straightforeward and accurate on most points;

http://www.africancrisis.org/default2.asp
    We had some success...got seriously ill prisoners assigned to hospital wards and isolated from uninfected prisoners;

some prisoners ended up in protective custody because others would want to hurt/kill them if the HIV factor was found out;

I stopped some of that by pointing out to an 'agressor' that if he cut his hand on the HIV pos' tooth he the agressor might die from the small wound;
    Ah, not about prisoners' rights then, but of encouraging/pandering to a grossly exaggerated fear of infection. Ironic that the chances of an 'agressor' being infected in that way are about the same as Africa being 'depopulated' by the disease.
    We forced them to test evey prisoner for HIV and provide treatment for those infected, etc. I'd say that is something for prisoners rights...realistic medical treatment for what is in fact the weakest element in US society...the incarcerated!
    We forced them to test evey prisoner for HIV
    Did you force the prisoners to accept testing, too?
    Yes, all prisoners are given a bank of medical tests upon incarceration to detect contagious diseases, health problems, etc.

It is not an option...HIV testing is more recent...government resisted because of the cost so we made them spend the money on medical instead of more guns and training for guards...(thought you'd like that one).:naughty:

Please don't tell me that prisoners don't get medical checkups in UK jails...!

We, US, have a new HIV test that only takes a couple of minutes and is CHEAP compared to what we were doing ($125 per test back then)!
    It is not an option...HIV testing is more recent...government resisted because of the cost so we made them spend the money on medical instead of more guns and training for guards...(thought you'd like that one).:naughty:
    Yes, I appreciate that you're even more scared of catching AIDS than you are of a prison riot, with less justification... :naughty:

You still haven't said how you feel about deporting sufferers of Hepatitis B, something not characterised as a 'Gay Plague'. Is it only muslim homosexuals you have a problem with?
    I don't think I said anything about prison riots...just prison violence against HIV prisoners.

I already covered the deportation issue...'freedom' for all on the dark continent...etc.

Hep. B, well...they are all just dieing off so isolation will do just fine until the liver crashes!