Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My job perks...and yours???

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yeah yeah I hear ya!!!!:)
    Well I have two full time jobs... Im an accountant for a worldwide firm and the only benefit i get out of this is I can use the phone and not get charged...

But I also have my own company so.. I get to travel around the world... all expenses paid!

(THATS WHEN MY OTHER JOB GIVES ME TIME OFF):D
    :(
    I really have gotta get myself a better job!!
    I can get locked in at lunchtime, instead of sitting out in the street..dunno if I'd really consider that a perk though??
    depends who I'm locked in with.:D
    My job has pretty good perks, Im an event steward and work on concerts and football matches doing all sorts of jobs! A couple of weeks ago I worked at the BBC Proms in the Park at Hyde park in london, I (luckily) got posted on VIP on the saturday and backstage on the sunday. On the saturday I met Haden Gwen (Susan from Mersey Beat) and on sunday I met Will Young, Gareth Gates, S Club Juniors. met a few more but Im trying my best not to brag! It's a great job, you get paid for being at concerts and footy matches, you get chances to travel round the country, you work as and when you want - so thats on every even or only once a month! Aaaaaand you get to meeta lot of famous people, and bosses of places whcih means you can work your way into another job. As they say its not what you know but who you know ;) The only downfall is the pay is a bit crap, £4.10-£4.70 an hour, and £2 an hour travelling. After deducting tax i got paid only £70 for a full weekends work when at the Proms. But i guess it evens out getting to be at such amazing concerts and meetingall the people I did!

~Andrea~
    I work for a telebetting call centre and we have to constantly be up to date with sporting events from all over the globe, basically we can sit on our asses, watching footy and other sports and get paid for it, i highly recommend it!
    i work in a leisure centre so i get free use of the pool and gym and health suite etc
    i get fuck all benefits with my job.
    i work in a call centre... we dont even get to use the internet :(
    its all monitored and if we go to any website that isnt the help page of the software we use then we get in shit.
    i get free coffee. and free use of the water cooler. thats it.

sigh
    I get breaks for as long as I want when i want. my boss encourages me to surf the net regularly, to chat to my mates, email my mates from work. Go to the shop whenever I want. But nothing else and pay aint brilliant, but I'm still working through the temping agency, so that will probably improve when they take me on to their books :)

but I want the perks of all the other sales people on here. Decides that she's gonna use this as good experience and then move into a more pressurised sales job.
    I work as an engineer...I have my own spanner and torch.

Well,I also just returned from working on a ship sailing Singapore-Cape Town-Trinidad,and I get 6 months paid holiday a year...but,I mean...a spanner AND a torch.

stevie:naughty:
    In my gap year (between level 2 & 3), I did web site design in the Mininistry of Defence, Abbey Wood, Bristol. Massive place it was.

I had flexi time, so I lengthened days 1-4 by one hour, then run off like a hairy bear on Friday at around 2pm. The leave entitlement was 5 weeks , plus the normal 8 bank holidays, plus three other 'privelidge' days. Those were faily normal perks, but still very useful, especially the flexi time.

The most unusual advantage was being able to have time off for hospital appointments, without knocking any time off the leave entitlement. There was sick pay as well, but I only took one day off in that year because illness history is almost next-to-none.
    my job perks is my suicideal tendencys

i hate my fucking job
    you lot are makin me jealous;)

i get umm...a 12.5% dicount in HALFORDS!!!!! *is so proud*.
    who needs a free laptop and company car when you can get a few pennies off a bike wheel or a chamois leather eh??
    *remembers he doesnt have a car to clean or a bike to update*

ok...maybe its time to find that placement for the technician job...
    :lol: