Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question about the Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, i went on the pill a few weeks ago (ive not finished my first packet yet) but i have two questions

1) ive come out in a few spots where i didnt before at this time of the month

and

2)i started bleeding yesterday even though ive not finished the packet and im not sure wether this is my period or jus a bit of bleeding (this never happened before i went on the pill)

Thanx
Char
xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The cycle for the pill is 3wks on, 1wk off. The way the 'on' pills work is that it has high levels of the hormones progesterone and estrogen that trick your body into thinking it is pregnant, preventing an egg from attaching and you actually becoming pregnant. The 'off' pills have no hormones in them, the body is told it's not pregnant, and you have your period.

If you started 3 wks ago, then it's normal to start your period around now.
    I thought the pill was suppose to clear your skin up??

I guess each pill effects different people in different ways.
    Haha :)

I agree that the pill has different effects...and different pills do different things too.

Last time I refilled, they gave me a different kind than I had been on(ortho tri-cyclen instead of ortho-cyclen)...my acne actually was worse during 'that time' and I'm having really bad cramps even two weeks after the last 'time'. I'm getting kind of worried...my abdomen is constantly bothering me. I plan to call my doctor if the pains don't go away.
    Originally posted by Lizzafins
    Haha :)

I agree that the pill has different effects...and different pills do different things too.

Last time I refilled, they gave me a different kind than I had been on(ortho tri-cyclen instead of ortho-cyclen)...my acne actually was worse during 'that time' and I'm having really bad cramps even two weeks after the last 'time'. I'm getting kind of worried...my abdomen is constantly bothering me. I plan to call my doctor if the pains don't go away.

You should definatley go to the doctors and get it changed, all my mates have had problems with the pill, I seem to be the only one not effected and I've been on it for about 5/6 months now. Although I think its making me moodier than I was.
    Normally if you are bleeding whilst you're still taking the pills you need to change the type of pill you're taking. I've tried a lot of different kinds already, and I've still not found one that works for me yet! Nightmare! But since this is only your first pack, it may just be a bit of spotting, which the leaflets in my pill say is normal when you first start taking the pill. When I've got a new type of pill from my doc, she's told me each time to give it three months (so three packs), and if I still have bleeding during the pack, then it's time to try a new kind! All the different pills have different levels of the two hormones in them, and everyone is different, so it can take a while to find one that you are suited to. Good luck!