Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ewwwwwww - dont read this if you are eating!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, im 15 years old, male, and i eat a reasonably balanced diet,m tho maybe i should have more vegetables in it. Anyhoo, i get cramps and wind from anxiety, especia;lly in languages lessons, but that is just being nervoius, as i get nervous all the time.

So, now whenever i take a dump, its like a jam consistency, instead of a standard solidish consitincency *(sorry for nasty details), aslo it is green and black in colour, so i am wondering what has caused this. It isnt a single spate of flu or anything else as i have had this for a while now. I only take a dump lie every 1 1/4 days or sumthing and pee about twice or three times a day, if that makes any difference. Just thought i should ask u guys what u think. I really dont want to go to the doctor about this as id rather not have him peering up my anus hole and id be a bit intimidated as ive never made my own appointement before (tho i had the jab when ur 15 on my own!)

sorry if that has made u feel sick, espeically girls as they tend to be more visual when they are eating for some reason (just say eyeballs when girls are around a table eating - so funny)

Comments

• Options
    Hiya,

This could be just about anything, from stress, to a change of diet or exercise routine, to a mild food allergy, to IBS, to...
    It may not be anything serious, but to put your mind at rest you could ring up the NHS direct information line and speak to a trained nurse:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

If you go to your doctor, it's unlikely he or she will do a rectal examination on you.
  • Options
    Hi, it could be IBS which can be worse when you're nervous which might explain why it's worse in your languages lessons. It might be worth checking with your doctor, it's doubtful there's anything wrong but I just feel slightly worried that you said your stools are black in colour, but it's probably nothing. I can understand that it would be very embarrassing to go to a doctor about that kind of thing, if you decide to go I hope you cope and just remember bowel problems are very common so it won't be the first or the last time they've spoke to anyone about this kind of thing. I really hope you manage to get it sorted. xxx.
  • Options
    i might make a doctors appointment, i dont know how tho... maybe i could go in the surgery one day and ask if i could make an appoitment
  • Options
    Hi again, I just read on another thread that you're taking iron tablets is that right? That most likely explains the black stools, iron tablets can have that effect. It might be worth just checking with your doctor though just to put your mind at rest, to find out what's wrong and see if he can do anything to help you with it. If you know the phone number of your surgery you can phone and book an appointment otherwise you could call in and book an appointment. Hope things go ok for you. xx.
  • Options
    THE TABLETS!!

awww lol, why i didnt i think. Yea, ive only been takin them for about a month. Im off them now,a dn odont need them so much as im not so tired anymore. Ferrous Sulphate i think its what they were called, and i took one a day. Sugar coated as well lol.

Im feeling better so i will stop them and hopefully my stools will change colour a bit. But, to tell the truth my tools have been anything bgut standard for a long time. Sometimes they are really nasty and diarrhoea like but then sometimes they go almost normal. At the mo they are black and green, and its not nice. But, as long as i keep up my personal hygiene no one will lotice. At least they dont smell so much as other peoples.
  • Options
    Hope things improve if you come off your tablets, your stools should go back to being a normal colour anyway, I'm not sure whether your tablets will be affecting you in the other ways as well though. You could have IBS or some other problem, it sounds a bit like it if your symptoms are sometimes worse than others, but I'm not a doctor so if you carry on having problems it might be worth just checking with your GP, even if all they can do is diagnose you so at least you know what the problem is. IBS can sometimes also be made worse by certain foods like spicy foods so you might notice that after particular foods you are worse. I hope you manage to get sorted. xx.
  • Options
    I think it is best to see the doctor as he/she will be able to tell you the best remedy, i know it is embarrasing but can you go on like this?
  • Options
    yea
    im not sure if it is the tablets, im making a doctors appointment. I told my mu, as usual *sigh* she told me i was making it up, or it was because i drink too much orange juice. Looks like im going to have to walk up there on my own...
    thats the thing with my mum, tends to still think im a babyt and dont know whats wrong with me, slightly annoying sometimes...