Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dya reckon they'll let me do this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
as level sociology
a level english lit
a level geography
basic health and social care?

i can have a damn good go cant i?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    and is there anyone doing as sociology?

whats it all about...i read abit about how it teaches you to answer 'what on earth is going on' and it seemed really interesting...its either sociology or psychology...any ideas?
    sounds like an ok combination to me sweetie

some of my friends did sociology and said was very interesting ... not entirely sure what it entailed though!

Why don't you ask this 'they' if they think it would be alright and/or speak to your careers advisor about what your plans for the future are and see what they suggest
    i did As sociology and psychology, i found it quite good, i prefer sociology to psych but i suppose thats just personal choice isnt it. i think sociology was good because it challenges everything, it could be looking at education and everyone has a different theory and perspective on it, they are all conflicting and contradicting and yet they are all right. :crazyeyes very strange. but fun. i'd take them both, and then if u dont like one or both of them u can drop it and take somethin else.
    Have fun and just enjoy it if u decide to take them.:thumb:
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    and is there anyone doing as sociology?

whats it all about...i read abit about how it teaches you to answer 'what on earth is going on' and it seemed really interesting...its either sociology or psychology...any ideas?

doing psych at uni and think it's really interesting (although i am biased i guess!)

don't know how it compares to what you get taught as A/AS level or whatever it's called down south (sorry, just cause i'm Scottish so work on Standard Grades/highers!) but it's relevant to everything we do in life.

psych is the study of the individual human mind and behaviour, sociology is the behaviour of people in group and how they intereact (i think), so i guess whichever you opt for it'll be good

hope that helps
    I'm doing AS Geography now. I'd recommend it so far. I always found human geography really interesting and physical geography a bit disappointing and so far AS level has emphasised this.... maybe thats cos we're doing weather though :mad:

Don't really know about the others. I do English Language and thats good - I know a lot of people who do literature and none of them have complained loudly about it.

Good luck.
    i'm doing a degree in sociology and it is a fantastic and interesting subject as its about the world we live in, but its quite hard to define- basically you will be studying the main ocial constructs in society such as the family and education and apply social theory to these, its not easy and there is alot to learn but i think its well worth it
    Depends how the subjects fit in with the colleges timetable innit.............
    Geography's cool.

DJP,
    Geography Undergraduate,
    FRGS
    I did AS and A2 Sociology. I loved it and thought it was one of my best subjects. Other people I know said it was the most boring thing they'd ever done. It's one of those things, you either love it or hate it. It's a good subject for learning how to structure arguments which is a very handy skill to have when you go to uni though!

:heart: saucepot :heart: