Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dropping out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Yes. If you want an explanation, check my post in worst uni experiences, but what options are open to me if I can no longer bear to be at my uni? Any help would be much appreciated as I can't even get through a single day without crying any more.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Go and talk to someone at student support. If you want to leave, in my opinion, the earlier the better as you get any fees refunded. Good luck.
  • Options
    There are lots of options available to you, we have an article on changing courses here
    You should go to your uni career centre and speak to an advisor, they will give you free advice and are there to help, you can also talk to your personal tutor about the problems you are having and see what they suggest.

Hope that helps
    Susie :)
  • Options
    All i'd say is bollocks to them. Who cares what other people think/say. I'm sure there are some sound people at LSE, you just haven't met them yet. Try to avoid dropping out if you can, you may regret it later on in life.

Chin up any how :)
  • Options
    wish i could say something positive, like stay at uni, you'll regret it, etc etc.

but i'm not having a great time myself :( and i cant go home at weekends coz home is near spain... :(

thank god for my boyf in london :heart: though he's still 3 hours away by train :(

sorry for sounding so negative...
  • Options
    well I got my first essay back today, and guess what?

I FAILED!

All because the mother fucking part time teacher randomly increased the word limited meaning mine was too short to be submitted. Oh well, it'd be a good thing that I've just been sent an e-mail asking me to grade my occasional teachers. I know one mother fucker that's getting ALL fails!