Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

need to calm down!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, could do with a bit of advice. when I go to the doctors/dentists/hospital etc, I get really nervous, and I always end up getting a really dodgy stomach on the day of the appointment. I get a really sore stomach, feel a bit sick, don't really want to eat etc. it didn't use to bother me that much, but I'm having to go to the hospital/doctors quite regularly at the moment, and it's starting to bug me! anyone got any tips on how to stop it happening, or why it's happening? :(

Comments

• Options
    Tates im sure youre not alone on this one:) Sometimes I get exactly the same type of thing (depending on what im going to see the doc or dentist for).
    Soon as I wake up I have a bad stomach, get sweaty hands and maybe a headache.

Not sure how to cure it like, sorry cant be more help. At least you know youre not alone on this one:)
  • Options
    You could try something homoeopathic or some other complementary therapy, my homoeopath gave me something to take when I'm nervous and it really helped. It might be worth a try. Hope you manage to find something that helps you. Love CL xxx.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks guys ;) I guess I should try some kind of relaxation techniques next time I have an appointment. Thanks for all the advice....Tates xxx