Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

backing dancer!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey i want to be a backing dancer for famous people, you know when you dance behind them. how do you think you would get into something like that? thankz luv BRU x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can you dance?

I think that might be a start....
    I should think you'd have to join an agency or a dance school or something like that. Do a search on google or a simliar place.
    get an agent. probably start off small but if your good enough you may work your way up.
    Originally posted by DJP
    Can you dance?

I think that might be a start....

yea i can, ive performed at quite a few places. i also danced when i was younger. :D so the answer to your question DJP is yes :D

anyway thank you all for your replies!

luv BRU x
    try
    http://thestage.co.uk

and there should be some info on there on the jobs sections and also try the forum they have on their its quite useful!
    good luck
    oops forgot the WWW

so thats http://www.thestage.co.uk
    Originally posted by scarlettcloud
    oops forgot the WWW

so thats http://www.thestage.co.uk

thank you! :)
    ive always want to be one of the dancers on Top of the pops, dancing behind Ricky Martin especially.
    Thats what i always wanted to do when i was younger i performed in quite a few shows but then i gave dancing up which i regret now
    why did you give up?
    the only reason i gave up dancing is because my dance teacher retired, then i found a new dance teacher and we just didnt get on at all. Although one of my first dance teachers recently wanted to me to take up dancing on saturdays again but i8 havent got the time with 4 days a week at sixth form work after for 3 hours then full time job at the weekends.
    Originally posted by littlemiss17
    the only reason i gave up dancing is because my dance teacher retired, then i found a new dance teacher and we just didnt get on at all. Although one of my first dance teachers recently wanted to me to take up dancing on saturdays again but i8 havent got the time with 4 days a week at sixth form work after for 3 hours then full time job at the weekends.

can you not fit it in anywhere?
    i've been going to these god damn auditions for ages and i'll tell you now... they aint easy!!!

apart from the complete bitch rivalry that you get from EVERY false smile in there, there's the complete bitch rivalry between you and the audition pannel who ahve to sit infront of these dance school queens all day , and believe me, they get bored... and they'll let you know.

If you dont want to be totally humiliated... get into a dancing school now. and i dont mean a saturday afternoon class, i mean mountview, lamda even. if you want a chance, you have to train 24/7 and be perfect, else they wont even blink at you.
    im just dancing in my spare time now! id like to be a backing dancer but theres not much chance of that. so now im focusing on other things. but thankz for your reply anyway. :)