Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

am i the only one like this ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please, there must be someone else like this, i wont pretty this up, i'll just tell it like it it. Sorry Guys, its yet again another period moan. But i really need some help. just to know that i am not alone. I'll start at the beginning : i have really bad periods, my cylcle has finally kinda settled on around 35 - 40 days, it starts about two weeks before they actually arrive, really bad pains, Gross Discharge(SO SORRY BOUT THAT) bloating, and a real feel of pressure in my tummy, this time they started on 26th October, and i finally cam on yesterday - thats two weeks of this crap. it gets increasingly worse till it actually arrives, and then all hell breaks loose. i am really heavy to the point that i cant even wear a tampon, i have to wear Ultra night time pads for the first 3 or 4 days, then i go down to just Ultra for a couple of days and then it finally stops about 7 or 10 days later meanwhile i am passing all sorts of slug related clots - surely thats not healthy - and the pain on the first few days is so bad that i either pass out or throw up. I'm not a softie at all, i go to the gym 5 or 6 times a week, and i am a very healthy weight - 8st 12. i am 5ft 1. I have tats, and piercings so i dont take pain lying down. Last night i was up till 3 this morning (contradiction in terms i know) and finally i had to take a sleeping pill to go to sleep - naughty as i had already had some wine to help me along. there are a few adding factors, i have really painful sex. my boobs swell a whole cup size, not a bad thisng at all, but they are so painful.

Now i know that there might be a few people shouting at this because i have the symptoms of Endometriosis, but in August i went for a Laparoscopy which showed no signs. now i am at a lost end, i dont know where to turn. i just need to know that someone could offer me anything, just a small piece of advise. i have tried going on the pill, First it makes me a complete nightmare bitch from hell, and second it don't help in the slightest. and i have tried every pain killer on the planet to ease the pain, apart from occassionally having to scrape me from the ceiling (not so bad) it does nothing for the pain.

someone out there must be able to say something !!! Please !!

any advise would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

~x Just Me x~:confused:

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure what your problem is, but you should definitely go back to the doctors. Even if it isn't endimitriosis, it's not normal to be in so much pain, and have such heavy periods. Did you just try one type of pill? I know with me I've tried about 5 types already, and I've still not found one that's suited to me, but I'm still trying!
    Whatever the problem is, you obviously need help, so go back to the docs and don't take no for an answer! They have a responsibility to help you get to the bottom of the problem, whatever it is.....good luck hun, hope you can sort it out soon. Tates xxx ;)
  • Options
    id ask for a 2nd opinion about the problem if i were you.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your problems, I really hope you manage to get sorted. I'd go back to your doctor if I were you, see if they can find out what's wrong. Just one suggestion, have you tried homoeopathy or some other complementry therapy? I've found homoeopathy very helpful for period problems so seeing a homoeopath might be worthwhile. I really hope you manage to get some relief from it all, it must be awful for you. Lots of love, CL xxx.
  • Options
    And I thought I had it bad. I can imagine what youre going through.
    I would say the same as others go back to the doc, sorry cant be any more help. Just a thought have you tried Evening Primrose I think its called. Tablets you take daily and apparently that works very well, it may ease some of the problems you have. Hope you get it sorted soon:)
  • Options
    Hiya,

We have a factsheet that may be useful:
    http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_shame/female_shame/period_problems.html

Also, it may be worth trying a different brand of pill, or asking your doctor to refer you to another gynaecologist.
  • Options
    I think the same as the others that you should go back to the doctors. I cant imagine the pain you must be going through but good luck hope you get this problem sorted and hope you feel better soon:)