Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

little lump

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've found a lump on the back of my neck recently and was wonderin if it could be a fatty lump or somethin. Can u get them there. my other problem is that i dont like going to the doctors and i hate hospitals and avoid them as much as possible. any advice would help. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    You may hate going to the doctors and hate hospitals, but I think you would hate it if it turned even worse, then you'd wish you went.

We cant diagnose you over the net, get it checked out.
  • Options
    i no u cant diagnose me over the net i just want to no if u can get fatty lumps there
  • Options
    Have you actually looked at it? it may be a mole or an insect bite?
    If you don't know what it is then its best to get doc to check it out (don't worry, they arent that scary!! :)
  • Options
    You can get lumps anywhere.
    If I were you id get the doc to just take a look, chances are its nothing too serious. Thing is if it could turn into something nasty the longer you leave it the worse it will get:)
  • Options
    Fatty lump? That could be a number of different things, and it needs to be checked out by a doctor. You can get lumps and bumps all over your skin.

Sorry we can't be of more help here!
  • Options
    A friend of mine had a lump in his armpit and another in his neck, it turned out to be harmless but it's best to get it checked out just to make sure. I understand how you feel about hating going to the doctors and hospitals and everything, it's not easy is it? But it's probably best to try and pluck up the courage to go just to put your mind at rest. Hopefully your GP will just be able to diagnose it to save you from being referred to the hospital. I hope you cope if you do go to the doctors. All the best. xx.
  • Options
    It could be a gland....I've had things like that before, they're normally a bit painful when you press them, and I only get them when I've got a cold or I'm run down or something. But if you're at all worried, see a doctor and put your mind at rest! ;)
  • Options
    Re: little lump
    Originally posted by northern_scum
    i've found a lump on the back of my neck recently and was wonderin if it could be a fatty lump or somethin. Can u get them there. my other problem is that i dont like going to the doctors and i hate hospitals and avoid them as much as possible. any advice would help. Thanks.

Yes you can get them there. I have. But you really should go to the docs with them just to make sure. I did with mine. Actually they've cleared up now.

Also it could be glands. there's plenty of those round there that can swell up. If it's sore to touch thats what it probaly is.

But as everyone else has said. Go to the docs it's the only safe way!
  • Options
    How far back is it?

I've had a quite painful one for a while now that my doctor said is just a very swollen lymph node...apparently I'm having an allergic reaction and she can't figure out to what. I can't avoid it if I don't know what it is that I'm reacting to. I'll probably die. :p

If it is just your lymph node, my doctor said the swelling will go down once the reaction/illness stops. Whenever that is. The swelling is just the body's reaction to infection.

But then again, you said it's the back of your neck, so that's all useless to you.
  • Options
    its not painful or anything...i noticed it a few weeks ago and its still there it hasn't changed or anything.....i suppose am gonna have to b brave an go the doctors:crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by northern_scum
    i suppose am gonna have to b brave an go the doctors

Yep, best thing to do.
    :)