Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why haven't I had my period yet?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm just a bit concerned. I'm over 5 weeks over due for my period and wondered if there might be something wrong.

I stopped using the pill about 3 or so months ago but I've had a period since then.

I'm definitly not pregnant. Could there be something else wrong? Should I go to the doctor? I'm normally really regular.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Why haven't I had my period yet?
    Originally posted by Lillost
    I'm just a bit concerned. I'm over 5 weeks over due for my period and wondered if there might be something wrong.

I stopped using the pill about 3 or so months ago but I've had a period since then.

I'm definitly not pregnant. Could there be something else wrong? Should I go to the doctor? I'm normally really regular.

Best to go to the doctor just to get yourself checked out, it could be a number of reasons. Probably nothing but worth checking out as it's not normal for you.
    HTH:)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you lost weight or much fat? The body won't allow itself to go through its menstrual cycle if there isn't enough bodyfat to support growth of a fetus if you happen to become pregnant.

That's the only thing I can think of since you said you are normally regular. Before the pill, I only had a period every 8 or 10 weeks - and it was painful as hell. I was told this was because I'm an athlete and I don't eat right. However, on the pill, I'm every 4wks to the day with much less pain.

Hope any of that helped. :)