Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

sick of being skint

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
completley sick of having no money n looking for a job cnt afford to stay at college any ideas
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most uni's have a "job shop", you could try going there for a part-time job to fund tuition fees and living costs.

Also, you could apply for a scholarship. (Sounds like you'd be eligible for a hardship fund).
    Most shops will want extra staff to cover for Christmas - try getting a job for Xmas season, then if you impress, you may be offered a more permanent job?
    I know *exactly* what you mean, I'm looking for a part time job at the mo because my last job wasn't offering flexible hours aound college and for two whole months now I've been skint so much that I can't even afford a chocolate bar and no one will take me for a job, have no idea why because I am quite experienced in retail but it's getting me right down, but the only thing keeping me in college is that I know that if I live I'll be destined to a life of low pay and boring jobs and I know I can do better than that. I'm wishing that time wasn't going so fast aswell because I wont be able to afford christmas at this rate as well. :mad: :(
    Re: sick of being skint
    Originally posted by mareheylaydee
    completley sick of having no money n looking for a job cnt afford to stay at college any ideas

welll our uni has a hardship fund which you can apply for if you get your application form in before start of xmas hols. it's like a loan that you don't have to pay back. also christmas job would be a good idea - there are lots of jobs which are part time so flexible for students.