Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shakey Hands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my hands are really unsteady and its really noticable. i drink quite alot of coffee and fizzy drinks, but even when i dont they are still the same.
is this something to be worried about?
does it mean anything?
any ideas what could be causing it?
is there anything i can do about it?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe some sort of chemical inbalance? I would of put it down to coffie. Maybe nothing but a trip to the doc wouldn't hurt?
  • Options
    nah, dont like doctors, they're bad news

by the way, do you really have a mullet?
  • Options
    To be quite honest..no I don't I just couldn't fink of a name for my self...Altho I bet there's a lotta people that could. :P
  • Options
    oh well, just another dream shattered by this cruel cruel world.

and how long would it take for a chemical imbalance to re balance itself if i just drank water and, say, orange juice for a while?
  • Options
    I thought this post was going to be about Mr Shakey Hand man from Banzai :D

but it's not so I'll leave :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by glittery_vodka
    I thought this post was going to be about Mr Shakey Hand man from Banzai :D

but it's not so I'll leave :(

i was gonna call it "Mr Shakey Hands" actually just to fool people into looking. but i didnt. think i'll leave too
  • Options
    I dunno..It may even be down to your diet? Maybe a reaction to a new type of food you just started to eat? I have a bad reaction to work..makes me go all funny it does.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure that there is a post along the same lines in the health forum at the moment. Maybe that will help?:)
  • Options
    Chances are you're sensitive, or allergic to either caffine, sweetener, or one of the odd E number they put in those drinks.

Try cutting them out completly for maybe 2 weeks (inclkuding coffee, tea, red bull etc) and see if you still shake.
  • Options
    alex, its probably caused by the rediculously large amount of coffee daily (he works in Starbucks). Lay off the coffee and the Dr Pepper for a while love, and then see how it is.
  • Options
    It could be completely normal too.

My hands started to shake about six years ago or so. I was concerned about Parkinson's, so I went to the doctor. Turns out that Parkinson's usually starts with one finger shaking and not the rest, so that was out.

He told me that some people just have shaky hands and that you shouldn't worry about it. And there's nothing you can do about it.

However, if you drink, say, 6 cups of coffee a day I would think that it would be more likely that is causing it. But only a doctor could tell you for sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    alex, its probably caused by the rediculously large amount of coffee daily (he works in Starbucks). Lay off the coffee and the Dr Pepper for a while love, and then see how it is.

blah blah blah blah yes mum
  • Options
    Shut up biatch. You love me really :p

I've only just noticed your sig! Please don't call me dearest, REALLY reminds me of Matt, so not a good thing. and it may not be a very flattering description, but at least it's accurate :p
  • Options
    well its better than most of the descriptions u give of me.

and im sure you'd rather i called you dearest than most of the things i usually call you
  • Options
    I have the same problem. My brother is always picking on me for it to. Have had it for as long as I can remember now. Never thought of going to the doc's. Doesn't bother me that much and there's no history of anything serious like that in my family so I just ignore it.

Could be summat to do with the amount of coffee you drink though.:)
  • Options
    its not the coffee dammit!!!! coffee is my friend, why can no one understand this?

yeah i think i'll just ignore it, doesnt really bother me unless im playing buckaroo but that crazy horse's face scares me so i wont be doing that any time soon.

oh and thanks to whoever moved this to the health section thingy. i was gonna put it here anyway but i didnt as you probably guessed right before you moved it. i cant remember why i didnt now but thanks anyway
  • Options
    Originally posted by AlexTheKing
    blah blah blah blah yes mum
    Don't ask the question if you're not gonna listen to the advice luv.
  • Options
    he was saying it to me, cos i'm always having a go at him for the amount of coffee he drinks - i know him IRL. Don't worry, he took everyone ELSE's advice seriously.

And alex, i know the rest of the stuff you call me, you spent all last sat calling me it - prefer dearest to that, but plain 'Sara' would do me :p
  • Options
    Don't mention Starbucks! I'm addicted to that place, ever since my mate took me in there once!It's daylight robbery, £1.90 for a Cafe Mocha! I may as well go and drink Nescafe at home! Why don't i? Because it doesnt taste as nice :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Luce
    £1.90 for a Cafe Mocha!

£1.95 and your paying through the nose for the quality