Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not sure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wasnt sure for a subject name for this post. I mite be getting a job in a supermarket and i have to ring back on friday-when do u think i wud start if i got the job?wud the manger already have set the rota out for the workers for that weekend? I was wondering this because i dont want to work on saturday after 6 this week and i dont wanna be saying on the 1st day that i dont wanna work.
thanks

Comments

• Options
    I shouldn't think they'd expect you to be able to work the day after you 'officially' get the job, and if they do then saying "Sorry, it's too short notice but I could definitely start next Saturday/Monday/whenever" should be okay. On the whole it's pretty unlikely, but if they do then hope it's for before 6!!!

Good luck :)
  • Options
    If the manager has any common sense then I think they will have had the staff rota done for Saturday already. If he wanted you to work it would be training etc, which you will probably do first anyway.

Unless you were a late applicant then I would assume you would start the weekend after you got the job. You could have asked in the interview when you would have to start though!