Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Complementary therepies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi!

Im not sure if im allowed to do this, but i have just been given an assignment at college about complementary therepies. Ive searched the net everywhere for information and case studies on users of them. I have to find 2 people who have used complementary therepies along side other medication that may have been prescribed by their GP.So if anyone would be able to help i would just need to know a little about your situation and why you chose to try complemetary therepies and a bit about what you had to do. If i aint able to get that information does anyone know any good websites for things like this? ive asked jeeves, yahoo, google-the lot and i cant find case study patients to base my assignment around! Please help! Thanx :)

Comments

• Options
    Ummm.... I guess this kinda depends what complimentary therapies are??

Would this be the same as smoking cannabis for pain and arthritis relief, as I know a few people who have done that.......
  • Options
    Complementary therepies are a treatment that goes along side medication such as reflexology, acupuncture, meditation and things like that. Theres the strange ones like colour therepy and crystal therepy and also magnotherepy which are used to help boost peoples self esteem, energy levels and also help their psychological well being. I wouldnt say smokin cannibas is one.
  • Options
    I've tried homoeopathy but not alongside other medication so I'm not sure if that'll be any help to you. I don't think I've ever tried any other complementary therapies but I am a great believer in them and would definitely try them before going to the doctor. Hope things go ok with your assignment. xxx.
  • Options
    i had reiki for my M.E - feel free to PM if you want to know more.
  • Options
    useful factsheets

http://www.thesite.org/info/health/complementary_medicine/

Ring up the professional bodies mentioned in the articles, get contact details for practitioners in your area, and ask them if any of their clients are willing to be interviewed.

Good luck with the project
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    i had reiki for my M.E

Do you mind me asking, did it help you? xxx.
  • Options
    I really don't mean to sound pedantic or bitchy, but if you're looking it up on a search engine it might help if you spelled it properly. TherApies, not therEpies.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Scarlett
    I really don't mean to sound pedantic or bitchy, but if you're looking it up on a search engine it might help if you spelled it properly. TherApies, not therEpies.

Ive tried spelling in every way possible but i dont seem to be finding anything really relevant. Thanx for picking up on that though. Im still searching so hopefully something will pop up! Thanx for the replies so far :)
  • Options
    sometimes i get a bad back and cramp and i try bath oils and that usually does the trick. I know my mum gave up sleeping pills and now talks to us (family) and shes got on one hell of a lot better.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for tho...
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    sometimes i get a bad back and cramp and i try bath oils and that usually does the trick. I know my mum gave up sleeping pills and now talks to us (family) and shes got on one hell of a lot better.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for tho...

The bath oils would be what im looking for if you had been to the doctor about it and (s)he had treated you for it, but then you'd tried bath oils instead or alongside the medication the doctor had given (if ya get that!). Unless this has happened then it isnt really the same thing-but thanx anyway! Is there anyone else that might be able to help?:)