Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The male contraceptive pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
One for the girls.......

If a male contraceptive pill became available would you feel comfortable if your boyfriend used it? If a potential one-night stand told you not to worry about a condom as he's on the pill would you trust him or still insist on a condom?

Comments

• Options
    if it was a one night stand then i would make him use a condom. but i know i could trust my boyfriend to take the pill - i really could he has to remind me everyday to take it:o
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lyndsay
    if it was a one night stand then i would make him use a condom. but i know i could trust my boyfriend to take the pill - i really could he has to remind me everyday to take it:o

:yes: Same as
  • Options
    Me too.

I think men do sometimes trust a bird when she says 'I'm on the pill'

how can you be sure...surely yany man with any sense would use a condom when having a one night stand.
  • Options
    The Male Pill Prevents STD's now does it? Didn't even know!
  • Options
    Nope. Not a chance in hell that I'd trust any man to take a contraceptive pill :no:
  • Options
    Nope....it's not that I wouldn't trust them....I'd be a closet pill taker as well....I know I've taken mine....who knows if he's taken his...
  • Options
    Nah wouldnt trust them at all, they may say theyve taken it just so they dont have to wear anything.
  • Options
    I couldnt trust my man to take the pill, he goes to the shop and comes back without half the things I asked him to get, theres no way he'd remember to take the pill!
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind taking it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    The Male Pill Prevents STD's now does it? Didn't even know!

Just my thought. So many stupid people, so many nasty diseases
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb
    I wouldn't mind taking it.

I'd take it as well
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lyndsay
    i know i could trust my boyfriend to take the pill - i really could he has to remind me everyday to take it:o
    Yay! Bring on the male pill!!!! I can't wait until they perfect it. Then there won't be that nagging doubt in my mind about whether she's taken it! I've had a couple of ex's who would, scarily, frequently forget to take the pill some days, and be quite casual about it as if it's no big deal! :eek: That's scary! I would like to take the pill because I find it hard to completely trust a girl (based on those past experiences).

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Yay! Bring on the male pill!!!! I can't wait until they perfect it. Then there won't be that nagging doubt in my mind about whether she's taken it! I've had a couple of ex's who would, scarily, frequently forget to take the pill some days, and be quite casual about it as if it's no big deal! :eek: That's scary! I would like to take the pill because I find it hard to completely trust a girl (based on those past experiences).

Mr_Wobble ;)

Thats all well and good but I'd never trust a guy to remember but then thats probably cos all my ex's have wanted kids badly.

Think it's just one of those things, that unless you're around each other every day and so can check that the other has taken it neither parties should trust the other.

It's a serious matter and should be looked after by yourself to ensure that everything possible has been done to prevent pregnancy.:p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo

It's a serious matter and should be looked after by yourself to ensure that everything possible has been done to prevent pregnancy.:p
    Exactly why I can't wait for an effective male contraceptive pill/injection/whatever to come out! I'll be far happier with it under my control. It's a scary thought to think that your girlfriend is so blase about taking the pill - especially if they're not that keen on kids!

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Exactly why I can't wait for an effective male contraceptive pill/injection/whatever to come out! I'll be far happier with it under my control. It's a scary thought to think that your girlfriend is so blase about taking the pill - especially if they're not that keen on kids!

Mr_Wobble ;)

Yeah....methinks that was my point though. But that as a female I wouldn't just trust a guy to remember either, just like I don't expect blokes to trust females really. It has to be both of you is my point realy I think. I know I wouldn't remember to take it though which is one reason I stick to the coil. :p

Sorry I was pissed last night and can't really remember what I was on about....quite shocked most of my posts made reasonable sense. lol!

:eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kazbo

Yeah....methinks that was my point though.
    Well, it's actually the same point of view, but it's the same from both sides.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Well, it's actually the same point of view, but it's the same from both sides.

Mr_Wobble ;)

:lol: thats the easy way of saying it. :p