Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pls tell me it gets better :-(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As some of you may know, i'm suffering from depression. The doctor put me on prozac & i have been taking it for 21 days now.
I can't stop crying & feeling soooo low :(. I don't want to feel like this anymore.
I have been a right bitch to my fiance as i don't know how to handle my feelings when i get low & they end up coming out on him. I don't want this to happen but no matter how much i try they do anyway. :(
Shouldn't the tablets be doing something by now?

I just want to be happy again. My life now is good, it's the past thats getting in the way of my future.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Anyone who has taken prozac, hw long did it take to work? It's mean't to be 3 weeks isn't it?

A VERY fed up woman.:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Didn't you stop and start not so long go? That may have made a difference...the general advice is to go back to your GP if there is no change after 4-6 weeks...stick with it, and remember you need to talk to someone too, the pills won't work by themselves.

Susie :)
    Originally posted by Susie
    Didn't you stop and start not so long go? That may have made a difference...the general advice is to go back to your GP if there is no change after 4-6 weeks...stick with it, and remember you need to talk to someone too, the pills won't work by themselves.

Susie :)

Yeah, but i i only ended up missing a day. I'm going to the docs next week, i'm just fed up with feeling like this.
    not every drug works for everyone.

I've been through 6 and only one made even the slightest difference. and i had to come off it anyway cause the side effects were awful.

I know people who've tried everything going before finding something that works for them.

And then there are people like me, who find the drugs just make things worse, and i'm better off without.

the thing to do is give it a little longer, if nothing still, go back and talk to your doctor. i know mine is a lifesaver, even though i get the feeling he's kinda sick of the sight of me now.
    first of all *hugs* i know how your feeling. Earlier this year i started feeling really really bad, i left it along time before i did anything about it. During the summer, It got to the point where i didn't go out for weeks and weeks (6 weeks i think? maybe more, i cant remember) but i finally went to the doctors and they prescribed me prozac,and told me to go back to him in about 4 weeks to discuss councilling and more meds etc. I took it for a while, but i didn't work for me, maybe i should have left it longer, but i didn't. I didn't go back to the doctors either, and just left it at that, thinking that nothing could help me.

Thankfully i decided to tell a friedn about what was going on, and it did help a lot. I still felt really bad about myself and about everything else, but im now starting to feel better (gradually) and i didn't think i would ever feel ok and 'happy' about things...but i do...and so things WILL get better. Looking back, i cant even think how bad i got, i still have my moments, but things have got a lot better. It will seem like things won't ever change, but they will, they'll get better.

Leave it a bit longer, and if you have any worries or questions go back to your doctor and they'll help. I'm sure your fiance understands, just make sure you talk your feelings through with him because its a big weight off your shoulder.

:)

~amy~
    im not sure if i was depressed, but look at it this way: the only times when i went out dring the summer holiday were when i was forced!

now im a lot happier, i dont know what was causing it, maybe just hormones. I got through it without frugs, but then again i didnt know i was depressed and didnt go out much. I know people who have been on certain drugs for maybe 3 months for insomnia or depression and other things but after a while they have come off them. My mum has severe insomnia and she used to be on sleeping pills but they caused her to be upset and angry all the time. Now she has stopped taking them she is happier and she is almost cured! Maybe because one night I talked to her for aes about everything that worried her. Anyway, my main point is, sometimes its better looking for another way. Im not saying like herbal baths or witchcraft I just think sometimes there are alternatives to pumping your body full of drugs.

Hope you feel better soon:)