Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mushroom advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Have been given the oppotunity to invest in some, but I'm totally new to them and would like some advice !

My mate is getting them and is saying he's paying £10 for two 'portions' each consisting of about 250 mushrooms, does that sound about right ? How many do you get through in a session ? 250 in one go sounds a massive amount

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ONE OF MY SONS TELLS ME THAT THEY ARE SELLING AROUND MANCHESTER AT A FIVER FOR 25. oops caps lock.
    these being n.wales shrooms. strongest in the world. i have taken 100 at a time. my son tells me 25 of this years crop are plenty. very trippy, giggly and bloody strange ! most people love em.
    well it depends what kind they are.... if they are ones that have been picked in this country they will be liberty caps, which i have never had so i am not sure about dosages but i have heard varying amounts anything from 20 to 500.... :confused: have a look at the www.shroomery.org they have a dosage calculator....

if they are home grown ones or ones brought over from the dam they will most probably be psilocybe cubensis.... i grew some of these from a kit recently and now have fookin loads of them in a jar, far too many frankly, i dunno what im gonna do with them all, but anyway yeah, well, you would only need anything from 2 or 3 reasonably sized ones for a mild dose to 10 for a massive dose.... i usually find 5 or 6 nice big juicy ones is a good amount....

but yeah.... shrooms are spectacular but in my experience you will not be able to sit still, i always end up going on the longest most pointless walks.... me and a friend once took some at about 9pm and went out and just walked and walked and walked and then collapsed again at 6am, i still to this day have no idea where we went....

anyway have a good time and basically with god as your chemist you cant go wrong! ;)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Used to pay fiver an eighth about 5 years back, but now only pick my own. Have no idea about price per shroom but 75 is a good dose to get ypu fucked. You have to make up your own mind what you'd be prepared to pay for one trip.

I did some liberty's this saturday just gone and have to say the experience wasn't that nice. The worst drug experience I've ever had was on liberty's when I blacked out and apperently started convulsing in the middle of Southampton on a busy sunday afternoon.

I'm thinking of quitting them all together after saturday. I will however carry on with my Fly Agarics. I love 'em, but am yet to do any this year.
    Weekender Offender 
    Originally posted by octopus of doom
    well it depends what kind they are.... if they are ones that have been picked in this country they will be liberty caps, which i have never had so i am not sure about dosages but i have heard varying amounts anything from 20 to 500.... :confused: have a look at the www.shroomery.com they have a dosage calculator....

if they are home grown ones or ones brought over from the dam they will most probably be psilocybe cubensis.... i grew some of these from a kit recently and now have fookin loads of them in a jar, far too many frankly, i dunno what im gonna do with them all, but anyway yeah, well, you would only need anything from 2 or 3 reasonably sized ones for a mild dose to 10 for a massive dose.... i usually find 5 or 6 nice big juicy ones is a good amount....

but yeah.... shrooms are spectacular but in my experience you will not be able to sit still, i always end up going on the longest most pointless walks.... me and a friend once took some at about 9pm and went out and just walked and walked and walked and then collapsed again at 6am, i still to this day have no idea where we went....

anyway have a good time and basically with god as your chemist you cant go wrong! ;)

forgot to add, you can tell if they are liberty caps (appart from the large difference in quantity) if they are small, have a thin stem and the top is kind of like a bell, concave at the bottom around the stem with a little nipple on top, of course it depends how well they have been looked after and dried how easy it is to tell.... psilocybe cubensis are considerably bigger, have a much thicker stem, the top is either round if they have been picked before they open their caps (which is supposedly the optimum time to pick them for the best potency) and usually wrinkled when they are dried or or if the cap is open, it is usually wide and almost flat, sometimes with a black and white marble pattern on top. also they may be black, white, or blue, or any mixture of the 3 when they are dried, depending on how they were dried.

there are also many other species of magic mushrooms but those are the 2 common ones that you will buy in this country. occasionally others show up though so if your not sure best consult www.shroomery.org or good old erowid
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by octopus of doom
    those are the 2 common ones that you will buy in this country.

The most easily found and recognisable (due to the red skin with white dots) and in my opinion the best trip is the Fly Agaric mushroom. Look on erowid for safe ways to ingest them!

On a side note wouldn't it be great if someone genetically modified shrooms so they glow in the dark. Would make life much easier!!! :D
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm in the US and I've always gone by weight rather than number. Right now, an eighth of an ounce goes for $25...16 pounds if I did the math right. The times I've done it have been only 1/2 an eighth and I tripped hard for a good 5hrs. Tomorrow night is the first full eighth and it's Halloween. Who knows what could happen.

OK, useless to you, but if you're ever in the US, you'll know if you're getting ripped off.
    Me and a few mates got some the other night, liberty caps, they were £20 an ounce, we brewed 1.5 ounces between us into 3 cups of tea, and then we were mashed for a good few hours, absolutley hilarious ! :D :crazyeyes :lol:
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    Me and a few mates got some the other night, liberty caps, they were £20 an ounce, we brewed 1.5 ounces between us into 3 cups of tea, and then we were mashed for a good few hours, absolutley hilarious ! :D :crazyeyes :lol:

2 words for ya (monsters inc)

lmfao:lol: :crazyeyes :yeees: