Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Guilty for no reason??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 19 yrs old (20 next week) and have been going out with my boyfriend for 18 months. He has got a great best mate who, over time, has consequently become my best mate.
We go out everywhere together when i am home from uni and he even drives the 160 mile round trip occasionnally with my boyfriend.

Now heres the thing, i fancied this chap Mark, long before i got together with my bloke. I love my boyfriend but i do have some feelings for his mate. Its only lust but it makes me feel sooooooooo guilty?

What should i do? Can i do anything? I would never do anything with this guy and there is no way of spending less time with him as my bloke starts to get suspicious coz he knows that we are all mates.

The final part of this is that my parents think that mark is the better one for me and just won't let it drop. He is closer to my age than my bloke.

I'm not sure if u can give me any advice or if u have been through the same thing but i do feel better just by having told someone so thanx 4 listening (well reading)

xxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you love your boyfriend & haven't done anything with this other fella, then you've no reason in the world to feel guilty. And if the feelings for his friend are only lust then you need to do your best to forget about them.
    As for what your parents think - who ever paid any attention to that ;)
    No need to feel Guilty Phoenix. From what I'm reading you're a top girl with a level head. Just control your feelings as you have done so far :)

At the end of the day, even the most in love person in the world is still going to appreciate the attractiveness of others.
    At the end of the day, even the most in love person in the world is still going to appreciate the attractiveness of others.

Extremely true. Every lusts after what they can't have. It's natural. Stick with your boyfriend and try not to surround yourself so often with Mr. Lust.
    You aint done anything wrong- tell yourt parents this eccecting you and explain that you love you bf etc:
    You could always try both of them together..............

It was going to be said sooner or later!
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    If you love your boyfriend & haven't done anything with this other fella, then you've no reason in the world to feel guilty. And if the feelings for his friend are only lust then you need to do your best to forget about them.
    As for what your parents think - who ever paid any attention to that ;)

exactly!!!!

here something a friend told me - just because your on a diet doesnt mean you cant smell the cakes!!!!!!:lol::lol::naughty:
    Thanx guys,
    I feel a lot better knowing that you lot don't think i should feel guilty

I think that i will steer clear of having both of them doctor lurve!! but thanx 4 the suggestion;)
    Originally posted by hotphoenix
    Thanx guys,
    I feel a lot better knowing that you lot don't think i should feel guilty

I think that i will steer clear of having both of them doctor lurve!! but thanx 4 the suggestion;)

Hiya how are you ?

I agree i think you are quite sensible and as long as you don't allow yourself to be in a situation with the other guy (ie alone drunk in a bedroom :naughty: )

hope it all goes well !:)
    Often get drunk together but never alone. I'm sure that it will be better when he gets a girlfriend then we can all go out in a 4 instead of me being the only girl!