Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A2 Business

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
5000 words for coursework...they must be joking!! :mad:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The business coursework is an optional piece, you can choose to do the synopsis paper instead... But it's more difficult than the AS one, the marks are more for application and analysis than just knowledge at A2. I was going to do the coursework, but thought bugger it - i'm obviously better at the exams (got an A :)), so i'm doing that instead.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra
    The business coursework is an optional piece, you can choose to do the synopsis paper instead... But it's more difficult than the AS one, the marks are more for application and analysis than just knowledge at A2. I was going to do the coursework, but thought bugger it - i'm obviously better at the exams (got an A :)), so i'm doing that instead.

What!!! :mad: I never got told about that!!! :( I've just gone back to college after missing the first two weeks and I'm already confused!:confused::(
    Half the time coursework sounds horrific and long and then once you've got started you find you don't have enough space. I promise you, I bet you won't have trouble doing 5000. (you mihgt if you do what I did for history and have to do it in 36 hours, but I wouldn't recommend that strategy particularly highly. It doesn't do much for your blood pressure.)
    *did that for her 50 page GCSE business coursework*

I started an finished that coursework on the night before it was due in. I got two marks off an A :D
    *did that for her 50 page GCSE business coursework*

I started an finished that coursework on the night before it was due in. I got two marks off an A :D

what did you base yours on? we had to do ours on Cadbury! pure classy!!! and yummy!!
    ours was on, umm... setting up a nightclub on new cross road. It was quite a cool peice actually.
    ours was on, umm... setting up a nightclub on new cross road. It was quite a cool peice actually.

So long as it was totally different to The Venue, not that you'd be hard pushed to find a better idea ;)
    The venue isn't THAT bad... Well, actually, it is. Meh. Far better clubs, and if you want to see a live band, GO TO THE AMERSHAM, for god's sake! I spend far far too much time in New Cross *went to school/goes to 6th form there*

The new cross in is nice now it's been done up though :) And the walpole... and the GMT is still a shithole.
    not only have i got business,. but environmental sci, geography and sociology a2 coursework to do before christmas,

you think you've got it bad!!
    did ne 1 do AS business studies? im doing it at the mo and after enjoying it loads last year, im finding it soo boring this year. it could be the fact of the crapiness of the teacher but still...! please tell me it gets better!
    I really enjoyed it, but if you aren't, be it because of the teacher or the subject matter, you've got a couple of options - you could stick it out, see how you do in the AS then drop it for A2 if you dislike it that much, drop it now (possibly a better option if you're taking 4), and concentrate on your other subjects, or you could see if there is another class you could move into. Sorry you aren't enjoying it, i did :) - and still do!