Home Student Life & Education
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Which course?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey people!

OK, I need some help with picking a course for uni, as I'm going soon, and I have a problem with deciding.

For a career when I leave uni, I'd like to be a games programmer, games producer, etc.
Anybody here know what course I'll need to take at uni, to get into that kind of career?

Thanks.

Chris

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    computer science might be a good bet
    I believe you will find that you can actually do a degree in computer game design, check Lincoln uni.........
    Thanks for that. Lots infact, that helped a lot.

You're right, Lincoln does have that course, but I don't want to go there because I want to go to a uni near home (Merseyside). Also, Lincoln was pretty low down on a league table of universities on the times website.

Liverpool John Morres does computer games technology which I recently found out about, so I'm applying for that, along with a few computer science courses. Salford does computer and video games but I won't have the grades for that! :(

Thanks again.

Chris