Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

what can i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so i've worked with clothes, as a waitress and with food. i hate it all, so does anybody have any job ideas?? now we're talking jobs with no qualifications. i need a new job bad.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    try getting a job in a call centre!!! once you do that you can get a job in pretty much any call centre and you can say you've had office experience which mean you can get like admin jobs and stuff!

hope that helps!!
    try either maybe an office junior some companys will train you to their specifications or mannual labour
    go to a factory..
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    try either maybe an office junior some companys will train you to their specifications

that's what I was going to suggest. I've seen loads of jobs advertised for office juniors/secretaries where you only need basic PC skills.
    Call centres and office juniors are good ideas, although for some call centres do ask for qualifications and very few don't want experience to start with. YOu could try telesales, but then again thats difficult to get into as well without experince although I just have done. Admin jobs are pretty easy to get hold of as are receptionist jobs.

Your best bet is to temp for a while, which means you'll get lots of varieties of jobs, will give you experience and you should start to realsie what you want to do.
    thanks for your help but i'm thinking of more of a part time job, about 12-15 hours a week with odd hours that can be scheduled around my times, are those like that too?
    Call centre jobs are generally part time, some sales jobs you can do from home, just however much you have time for.

Never having looked for part time I don't know much though. Think some job agenceis have things that come in that are part time. Although i don't know how many you can really get to fit around your own hours.

Then if you look in papers there's often jobs going part time as receptionists or admin assistants.

Sorry I can't be of any more help. :p
    I know this may be stating the bleedin' obvious, but have you tried your local Job Centre? They will have a database of all kinds of jobs that they can search for you.
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    Call centre jobs are generally part time

no:no: :no: :no: i work in a call centre and everyone in here is full time with the exception of one or two people!
    Originally posted by Karla
    I know this may be stating the bleedin' obvious, but have you tried your local Job Centre? They will have a database of all kinds of jobs that they can search for you.

thanks karla, but i only wish they had something like that around here. pretty much if you want a part time job you go out and fine one yourself.
    Originally posted by Lyndsay

no:no: :no: :no: i work in a call centre and everyone in here is full time with the exception of one or two people!

Odd all the call centres round me are part time that I've seen advertising recently with perhaps the exception of one or two, cos it was a line I thought about going into. :confused: