Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gaining weight...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive lost another 5 pounds and its not good... I havent been eating more than 2 times a day maybe in a month or so...I used to weigh 125 but I lost 10 pounds now.... And I'm 5'8", so you can imagine how skinny I am...For the past 2 weeks ive BARELY eaten...Maybe a bite or two and some food/drinks
Its hard enough to go out and stuff, and my anit depressant (Wellbutrin SR) might have weight loss associated with it...or weight gain...I'm not sure...
But i tried eating today, and I almost felt like I was gonna puke. It tasted horribly (scrambled eggs).. Since I cant build muscle since i can barely go outside and its hard enough to concentrate while doin anything...
What should I do?? I have a doctor appointment to check on my weight and if i haent gained anything I know they'll think my parents are the blame...And they're not..Theyre trying really hard...

Advice..anyone? :(

Comments

• Options
    Talk honestly with your GP about your eating patterns and concerns and they should be able to suggest something to help you be healthy.

Susie :)
  • Options
    You obviously are aware that you have a problem here, and good on you for recognising it:)

I myself used to have a similar thing. I just didnt want to eat, I had to force myself to eat a slice of toast just so that I had eaten something. I would drink tea or coffee mostly. I began to feel unwell, getting headaches and passed out a couple of times. I realised at some point that I needed help so I visited the doctor. He was ok I suppose but not brilliant, however he did blood tests to see if they could detect a problem somewhere, they came back all clear.

I did start to eat but it was a slow process as my stomach was full after just eating small amounts. What I used to do was make myself eat small amounts often. Starting with things like toast, plain biscuits or anything that I may fancy, I wasnt bothered what I ate just as long as I had something. You will probably have to do the same, by eating small amounts often it gets you back into the habit of eating more reguarly. Eventually you will hopefully get your appetite back. I now eat very good, I make sure I have breakfast, dinner and tea and even pick in between meals.

Just try to make yourself eat something, even if its only half a slice of toast to begin with then move up to a full slice. I can honestly say that while I wasnt eating I felt like shit, felt really ill and had no energy. I now am much better and do not intend going back to what I was like.

You can do it.................If I did, anyone can:)

Good luck, hope you get sorted:)