Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Double Identities..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been thinking about this all afternoon..

During the day i'm the Mistress and at night I'm..Well..someone else..

None of my family or friends (other than work collegues) have any idea I come on here or wouldn't understand even what it is!!

I'm trying to figure out who I like best - sounds crazy but it is just like I have two identities..

I have my boyfriend at home and I have my 'friends' on here and I am totally intrigued and mad about someone else as TheMistress..

Do any of you ever think about this or am I just strange..

Comments

• Options
    I think you're just strange.

In a nice way.

I'm not a different person on here, just that I have different relationships as optimistic than I do as dan. The question is what happens when the twain meet?

Fireworks, or Brain neoplasm
  • Options
    how old are you? (sorry bout the personal question)

Because if you're not a teenager then you're probably doing this to escape from life.....

I bet most of the teens on here are doing this so they can boast about how good their life is.... (i.e we don't have proper lives yet) (which is fine with meee.)
  • Options
    Hmmm.. It's very tricky..

Who would you say you liked better, or should I say which is the real you?

(To Optimistic_Dan)
  • Options
    how old are you? (sorry bout the personal question)

Because if you're not a teenager then you're probably doing this to escape from life.....

I bet most of the teens on here are doing this so they can boast about how good their life is.... (i.e we don't have proper lives yet) (which is fine with meee.)

I'm 24 (as of Friday) I wouldn't say I was 'escaping' anything as my life is pretty good. I've been through all the depression stuff and finally my life is sorted. I think I just feel that the mentality on here (minus the school people) is my level and I can write about what I want to say which in reality can be quite difficult maybe?
  • Options
    He he....yeah thats right *blows raspberry* we are grownups thankyou very much...
  • Options
    its great this place is.....
  • Options
    I've been told that Kaz is fiestier, more aggressive and interesting than the me you meet in person.

I find that a bit upsetting, to me I'm the same person. I hate to think people are disappointed to meet the real me, or that I am in some way pretending to be something I'm not.

I guess if you meet me, I'll be on my best behaviour. You would only get to know the real me after a bit of time, when we've both relaxed. Sometimes my sense of humour and attitude can go down the wrong way with people so I tend to reign myself in a little when meeting others.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheMistress
    Hmmm.. It's very tricky..

Who would you say you liked better, or should I say which is the real you?

(To Optimistic_Dan)

There is no unreal me, so i guess youre asking which relationship side of me I like best....the real flesh one....of course both sides can be converted :naughty:
  • Options
    I'm the same person I guess... no point in being someone else. However I could just be using this place (and others) to add to my poor excuse for a social life... god knows. I'm a happy person generally so that s what i care about :)
  • Options
    I'm not saying i'm a different person literally in reality.. If you met me (any of you) you would say i was exactly the same as on here - it's not fake or anything.

I would say on here though I get my opinions across better than in reality and I'm alot feistier in my writing. It's just strange to think everyday I'm here doing this and at night i'm doing something else..

Maybe I just am strange haha! :D
  • Options
    (minus the school people)

Tut :p
  • Options
    I've been told that Kaz is fiestier, more aggressive and interesting than the me you meet in person.

I find that a bit upsetting, to me I'm the same person. I hate to think people are disappointed to meet the real me, or that I am in some way pretending to be something I'm not.

I guess if you meet me, I'll be on my best behaviour. You would only get to know the real me after a bit of time, when we've both relaxed. Sometimes my sense of humour and attitude can go down the wrong way with people so I tend to reign myself in a little when meeting others.

Kaz you are sooo much like me! :D
  • Options
    Hmmm...... I'd say Kaz is a little fiestier on-line than in real life, but then we all are aren't we?? :chin: Aside from that she's the same really.

I know what you mean though Mistress, half my mates wouldn't see the appeal here and write it off as mindless crap, but hey, they don't have the mentality to contribute here anyway.

Which is more real?? I dunno, in real-life you're always more constrained by social restraints (for example, I probably wouldn't growl at DCT in real-life 'cos I'd be at risk of a slap :D ) but then it's a "full-experience" as opposed to the "virtual-experience" you get here.

I think I'm possibly even more of a sarcastic ass in real life.......
  • Options
    I know what you mean though Mistress, half my mates wouldn't see the appeal here and write it off as mindless crap, but hey, they don't have the mentality to contribute here anyway.

This is so true. My friend's think I'm crazy anyway! :D (in a good way) So this would just be another mad thing I do - but none of them could ever write and contribute the way we all do..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lord of Little
    Hmmm...... I'd say Kaz is a little fiestier on-line than in real life, but then we all are aren't we?? :chin:

hmph. Remind me to show you fiesty next time we meet.
  • Options
    in real life i'm acutally a 43 year old man with a wife and 2 kids who lives in europe. i also fought in the war.

acutally i know what you mean about nobody else knowing you are on here. none of my friends know i do this, they wouldn't understand.
  • Options
    I have many identities, at the weekend you can call me wendy :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaz

hmph. Remind me to show you fiesty next time we meet.

Is that a promise or a threat??

:D
  • Options
    i find it easier to write down what i want to say rather than saying it. when im speaking to people i tend to speak too fast and get nervous and all jumbled up and end up not making any sense...actually maybe i AM like that on here too...;)
  • Options
    (minus the school people)

*kicks you in the shins and runs away*