Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

London or Brighton

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I don't know whether to do a politics degree in London or Brighton.

OK, Brighton is a cheaper place to live, but I'm still undecided. :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    depends what you want out of the course, and the social life, I guess.... London's a lot bigger, more cosmopolitan; all the rest of it, but expensive.
    Yes London's got more nightlife and shit like that, but my only source of income would be a student loan (and maybe a part time job) so I'd like to logically conserve money. :)
    Brighton has a great nightlife & is considerably cheaper than London.

onenatcons, were you thinking of studying at the uni of Brighton or Sussex?
    I was thinking the university of Sussex. :)
    Originally posted by onenatcons
    I was thinking the university of Sussex. :)

I'm applying there. :)

I love Brighton, as KinkyRed said it still has a great night life & is so much more cheaper than London. A guy I know went to Brighton Uni, had the best time of his life & is now doing a Masters Degree there.

What Uni(s) were u thinking of applying to in London?
    Maybe Greenwich, Middlesex or Brunel. :)
    Having lived in London for several years, and grown up next to Brighton, I would say Brighton. It's cheaper, quite substantially so (ie, the cinema tickets csot half the price they do in inner London) & you can hang out on the beach, in the Lanes, in the dozens of pubs & clubs.
    If you go to Brighton you'll come back Gay! On the other hand London is a dump and everything is overpriced. Go to Brighton!
    Originally posted by lennon
    If you go to Brighton you'll come back Gay! On the other hand London is a dump and everything is overpriced. Go to Brighton!

:yeees: :rolleyes:

Shit, let's quarantine Brighton so NO ONE BECOMES GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Oh so mature lennon :rolleyes:

I heard that Brighton halls cost more than london, but I may be mistaken, and the beers not cheap, but you'll save loads on transport, and Brighton's prettier than London.
    No-one heard of sarcasm? Obviously not. Unless you have 1000000000000000000 posts to your name you cant have a sense of humour can you?
    No-one heard of sarcasm? Obviously not. Unless you have 1000000000000000000 posts to your name you cant have a sense of humour can you?

*doesn't have a sense of humour*
    Originally posted by Turtle

*doesn't have a sense of humour*

Aha, but you don't have 1000000000000000000 posts to your name, do you? ;)
    len seems to have a point, hmmmmmm...............:chin:
    Brunel is in Uxbridge where I used to live, and still visit often when i get back from uni (I got to the LSE). The place itself aint great (physically, and in some departments academically, though the sports and engineering departments are world class) and is is split into many campuses some as far away as Twickers (Twickenham for non rugby ppl!). However, Uxbrisge is liek the pub capital of the world. In the centre of town there are about 15 pubs, The Good Yarn, being of course the best as it is the best pub in the world, but The Ostler is open till 2!

As regards to Greenwich, loads of their students seem to hang about on the LSE campus, and come to our club events and try to get into our football team. I dunno why they wanna hang about, LSE aint much to look at, and it's not exactly the party capital of the world!
    hey onenatcons. i do politics at sussex. bloody marvellous, not a lot of work admittedley but great social life here. brighton is a wikid town and is a lot cheaper than london for living expenses, clubbing etc. i'd definitely recommend it to ya.
    Originally posted by Susie

and Brighton's prettier than London.

Whooooooooooooa! Are you serious???

HAve you BEEN to Brighton??? All those faux subcontinent buildings and pavilions! The COMPLETELY dilapidated waterfront! Disused pier! USED pier! Big cheap hotels all around??

Brightons got good stuff going for it, yeah. But London is superior in every respect except price, and distance to the sea. If you can afford it, I'd say London. On the other hand, I know people who have gone to Brighton and also Sussex and they say its really amazing...also the people there are nice. :thumb:

If I were you I'd give both a proper visit. When I applied to Unis I really wanted to be at Warwick, because it was rated top for History. I visited and I REALLY quickly changed my mind- the place wasn't for me. Same with Cambridge, so i rejected both of those and accepted UCL, because I realised if I left London I'd be in agony for 3 years, and it seems a decent Uni with a top-rated History course. And "when you're tired of London you're tired of life"...

But everyone's different.

P.s. Susie; I like the sig line...easy for Wilde to say though, being a rich bastard who probably battered poor people into the gutter with his jewel encrusted cane to avoid getting his peasantskin boots wet in the gutter...:p
    Yey! Hooooooray! Someone else who's applying to Sussex uni! :D Maybe cy'all there! :wave:
    Originally posted by Mizz_pink
    Yey! Hooooooray! Someone else who's applying to Sussex uni! :D Maybe cy'all there! :wave:

What u applying for?
    psychology :D