Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone!

is it true that you can only go on the pill for three years in your life? ive been thinking about going on but my friend says that you can only go on for three years and thats it which i think is a bit weird! :confused:

Thanx
luv
Char
xxxxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wtf? That's the first I've heard of it :confused: :eek2:
    I've never heard that either. xxx.
    well ive been on it for longer than that (on and off)
    where did she get her information on because its a load of rubbish.
    I think you are not ment to use it after a certain age, but i doubt there is a time limit on it. There is some pill info here
    Nah that is definatly not true!
    we were told this at school. I think it is recommened that you dont use it for more than 3 years at a time but usually ends up happening
    Char, your friend is talking rubbish, but if in doubt, give Brook Advisory a call.
    Nah...with the new generation of pills the risks are actually a lot lower and while in the past they may have only prescribed them for a few years these days you can take them for a long time. However - if you smoke and are over 35 then doctors won't prescribe the pill to you any more.
    Thats rubbish. Dont know where your friend got thatf rom but you need to tell her to check her facts.
    that's crap! but if you're thinking about going on it go and talk to your doctor they tell you all there is to know about it anyway.
    thanx everyone! i kinda thought she was talking shite (shes not the sharpest tool in the box) thanks for all your advice

loadsa luv
    Char
    xxx