Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

University offers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I was wondering whether the grade entry requirements that they produce on the prospectus' differ much when you get offers through. I know they usually ask for the 3 grades it publishes (for instance my psychology course is ABB), but sometimes they give a lower requirement or higher depending on how much they want you? Could anyone share their experiences concerning grades on offers? Thanks x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    My friend applied for music courses at three different universities and all of them dropped their offers to EEE from AAB because she is so talented! In te end she decided to do a diploma in performing arts but it just goes to show what they'll do for a talented person!

If you don't quite make the grades required most courses will take you. I needed ABB excluding general studies but I got BBBA and the A was in general studies and Durham still offered me a place because I was a strong candidate (according to them anyway!)
  • Options
    I found that in the prospectus's leeds offered BBB but when i got it on UCAS tthey wanted ABB this also occured at bristol for me. This is because it was management (sooooooo many people want to do it) and as for clearing and results-they just want to fill their spaces soooooooooooooooooooo you'll be fine!!! Good Luck.

Kate x
  • Options
    Yeah...it depends on how much they want you based on your application, the demand for the course e.t.c.

I think, generally they stay the same.