Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help RE GNVQ/AVCE Grading

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just in the process of applying to Uni, the course i want to do accepts a Merit from Advanced GNVQ's. These were changed to AVCEs two years ago but are now back to GNVQs. Anyone know what a merit equates to in AVCE grades? i.e AA AB CC etc
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Or failing that, can anyone tell me which is the better grade:

Distinction or Merit

Sorry, bit thick me like
  • Options
    I was under the impression AVCE's are still AVCE's & u can still do an Intermediate GNVQ but not Advanced as they are the AVCE's? I started an AVCE last year & a few of my mates have started one this year.

I don't know the grade equivilants (sp?) but I know a Distinction is better than a Merit. :)
  • Options
    I dont know whats happening with GNVQ's/AVCE's but at college they said they were changing back and at Uni's they keep referring to them as GNVQ's, but then whenever i speak to anyone they say AVCE's ?????? Its too confusing! Anyway it doesnt matter now as i just rang the Uni instead and asked them if my grades would be good enough - and they were! Thanks anyway:p