Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Remember Me?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Good
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    heylo mr bakerman! yup i remember your post,i didnt reply to it before cuz other people just said what i was gonna say so i didnt bother (or something..) i was like you too,shyness and all and i just started college too. im glad you made some friends and enjoyed freshers week,i did too and couldnt believe it! college isnt exactly like i wanted it to be,thought all the people in it were gonna be openminded and grown up but oh well..not very true!!! (ok this has nothing to do with post but felt like saying it anyway..pfft:rolleyes: )

i seem to be doing the same as you,staying in my room listening to music or watching tv,iv just joined some clubs though and joined the gym and yoga so i HAVE to get out and stuff! you should motivate yourself to get up and out,join some clubs,go for a walk,whatever! you could also get together with your new friends and organise a day trip or something? get to know them better and you feel happier at the same time im sure!

i also had thoughts about leaving the course im doing but iv decided i wanna try and stick it out for a year at least,i dont wanna give up so soon and possibly you shouldnt either>? if you really think you might have to, talk to your course co-ordinator,they will be able to help you make your choice,thats what their there for! also talking to your family would help,family are very cool at making you feel better!

i dont think its a good idea to just go home right away,you cant hide there forever! you have to get on with your life,i know its hard because iv been very homesick too but you just kinda have to deal with it,part of growing up or something!!!

anyway cheer up bakerman!! you can email me or messege me whenever you want,dont feel like your alone in this,it happens to everyone,im here anyway if ya ever wanna talk to someone, my email is in my profile i think and i have yahoo messenger and msn messenger so ya like...um..whatever!

chow!
    *sTrNgNeSsMe*
    xxx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello there! Glad Freshers was enjoyable! SM gave you some good advice above so take it, switch off that TV and go and do something interesting instead!

Don't rush into changing course, you may find you like it in a couple of weeks, but even if you don't you should consider all options carefully and discuss them with someone who knows. Talk to your tutor/ uni careers advisor first and read this useful article.

Susie
    :)