Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

work based training

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm currently doing an art foundation course but i don't want to go to uni. I want to do work based training but don't know how i go about getting info on it. I've tried searching the web but couldnt find anything. any help would be appreciated

thanx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Easy - go to your local careers centre (your college should have an advisor...?). To find out where your nearest one is call:
    Careers Services National Association
    Careers centres differ around the country in which services they provide to people. Depending on which company is in charge of your area, The advice may be free to everyone or restricted to certain groups of people.
    Telephone: 01926 318255

Susie :)
    thanx susie:)
    Re: work based training
    Originally posted by Schnap me Baby
    I'm currently doing an art foundation course but i don't want to go to uni.

If you actually want a job at the end of it I would say dont go to uni!! I have done my gcses's, my foundation art college course AND my degree and can't get a job cos apparantly I am 'inexperienced'. So if you can get something like these future courses where you work and do your college course it'd be much better in the end.....just wish I'd done that!!!! :mad: