Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Leeds Art College

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Has anyone been/seen it/goes there?

Im planning on going next summer to start my foundation course, but Im finding it hard to find the time to visit and check the place out before hand.

Just wondered if anyone knows what its like, what the area around it is like, what the people, shops and nightlife are like etc.

~Andrea~
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hi Andrea, sorry for taking so long to reply.

I suspect the first point of call should be http://www.leeds-art.ac.uk

Im not at the college myself, but I know where bouts it is, and about all the facilities near by.

The college itself is just at the northern tip of Leeds City Centre. Its about 15 mins (probably shorter) walk from the main bus and train stations. As its near the City Centre its close to all the pubs, clubs, cinema's as well as all the shops!

Cant comment on the people I'm afraid.

If your looking to move into Leeds, the main student areas are Headingley and Kirkstall, all only about 10-15mins on the bus. You should't have any problems with jobs, plenty of part time shop and bar work, and there is a number of evening jobs working in call-centres (Like me!) or doing bits and pieces in offices.

Hope Ive helped you on your way a bit, any other queries just give us a shout!!

James
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks, Ive been on the site, and other leeds sites, including vrleeds.com (I think is the addy) which is good, it's just not the same as being there is it!

Since Im not moving into halls like if I was going to uni Im gunna have to find a flat or house share, and I dunno where to start on that front! Im only part time at college at the mo, and left 6th form for my year out (to make some dosh!) So I dont have any support on the matter, or know what to do or where to start!

*Fustrating*

I added you on MSN for some reason too, dunno if u have messenger, fancied a chat. Lol, ignore me on it if you dont!

~Andrea~
    WHich one's you???

Ive added a couple of people!
    Im vegie monster :)
    i'm a student at the Leeds met uni, if your looking for accommodation the best people to contact is unipol the addy is unipol.co.uk, these are the best landlords in Leeds.
    Leeds is a fantastic city it has everything shops nightclubs, and a couple of miles up the road is the countryside. the city is student friendly as most of the peole living here seem to be students. if you need to know any more whisper me and i'llgive you my MSN then you wil have a ready made friend in leed for when you arrive
    Originally posted by saintlykarma
    i'm a student at the Leeds met uni, if your looking for accommodation the best people to contact is unipol the addy is unipol.co.uk, these are the best landlords in Leeds.
    Leeds is a fantastic city it has everything shops nightclubs, and a couple of miles up the road is the countryside. the city is student friendly as most of the peole living here seem to be students. if you need to know any more whisper me and i'llgive you my MSN then you wil have a ready made friend in leed for when you arrive

If you add me too (Pm me and ill throw you the addy) you'll have 2!