Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my first day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm feeling kinda isolated as I dont start uni till tuesday, and the waiting's really making me nervous about what its going to be like, even though I know it's silly and that it'll be heaps of fun.

what did you guys do to combat first day nerves?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: my first day
    Originally posted by cymruangel
    what did you guys do to combat first day nerves?

wake up really late, rush into class 5-10 minutes late and just sit in the first open seat. none of that uncomfortable waiting around before you know anybody. really works miricals, and as another benefit, you set the standard that you are lazy, late and then people don't expect so much from you.
    Are you here?

And stuck for things to do on your first day?

Wibble.

Unpack. Look round. Come see me.
    I wasn't nervous on my first day. Just chill, when you go into lessons be friendly and ask the person next to you their name etc, but don't be a leech.
    my lectures start on thursday and im really nervous! i work myself up into a big state about things but theyre generally never as bad as i think they'll be! i think PussyKatty has the right approach - be friendly and open but dont appear desperate! oh im scared!:(
    Originally posted by astleyfan
    my lectures start on thursday and im really nervous!

where r u starting uni?
    don't be nervous u just have to remember that everyone else in the class is in exactly the same boat. Nobody knows anyone else.
    im at glasgow uni.
    its still scary! ive only talked to about three people!:eek: