Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how the bible helped me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the three other guys in my stinking little cell in preston naval prison, built in 1750. we're doing drugs, we're, fighting, we'r;e living deep in the jungle of society as you dont know it. i always spoke to the prison chaplain if he appeared. the other lads in my gang took the piss all the time. i got a bible. by reading a 10 seconds long proverb and memorising it, so i could qoute that one verse fluently, i cold look forward to an hour with my cell dorr open by having the vicar round for tea a couple nights a week.
the s
landing screw inevitably wanders off for a fag which means we can run up and down a small part of landing , popping things threw spy holes when evry onesle is locked down.
eventualy i got a posh bible out of him which was made of rizla paper with amazing stories on. you run out of rizla and the whole jail is lock down for whatever reason. wheres my bible..."lets ave a spliff lads." but i would never smoke a bit till i had read that bit.
i discovered that every little story and quite often a single sentence had so many storys to tell. one sentence ...alife times pondering.
the moral of this little story is.....if you ever go to jail , make friends with the chaplain.get a bible and read the very first story...adam and eve. it would seem that , "even in paradise you had to watch your back." and if you remember that little bit of the story to start your day off each day in a real urban jungle, you have a tool.
i've been listening to leonhard cohen...brilliant stuff for mellowing my mind with a bit of SOLID ...brilliant stuff....the leonard cohen.

Comments

• Options
    oh how i wished i had ,had my bible last year.
    i broke down miles from anywhee on the moors at like 1 am. my van has food and drink, emergency interior lighting, cooking facilities. our mobiles get no signal. I...spill a brew over the only rizlas we have. NO RIZLA !!!! if only i had a bible to smoke....but not the sort of thing you carry is it in the real world. we dont smoke anything but rollies so there are no fags. the night is so black we cant start walking. the first car passed at 6am...GIS A FUCKING SMOKE MATE!!!!!! and get us out of here. i am a serious nicotine addict. the worst addiction i ever had. so in my emergency kit, just like jail i should carry a bible ...but no.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    oh how i wished i had ,had my bible last year.
    i broke down miles from anywhee on the moors at like 1 am. my van has food and drink, emergency interior lighting, cooking facilities. our mobiles get no signal. I...spill a brew over the only rizlas we have. NO RIZLA !!!! if only i had a bible to smoke....but not the sort of thing you carry is it in the real world. we dont smoke anything but rollies so there are no fags. the night is so black we cant start walking. the first car passed at 6am...GIS A FUCKING SMOKE MATE!!!!!! and get us out of here. i am a serious nicotine addict. the worst addiction i ever had. so in my emergency kit, just like jail i should carry a bible ...but no.

you had drink eh? bongs.
    Duffy
  • Options
    marijuana_tax_stamp_az1.jpg
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    MR - please read this re:images

I've deleted most of them.

link
  • Options
    ok ok ok.....
  • Options
    the biblical flood, whats the story got to do with getting off your face ?
    noah and his family survive a global disaster. whats the first thing noah does when dry land is available again.? he plants a vinyard.
    makes a load of wine and gets absolutely rat arsed !
    starts running around naked and pissed. i wonder what the moral of the story is ? something to do with men having to get off thier faces no matter what ?
  • Options
    i heard a story b4 that 2 boys i know ran out of skins so they went and got the bible and made joints out of the bible paper.
  • Options
    a guy at my mates school had absolutley nothing to skin up with [in school time], so he used a tenner note. Fool.
    Duffy
  • Options
    lol.what a waste.that tenner cud have bought him more good stuff.