Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

drugs..YOU KNOW...DRUGS !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution-then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise."
ALDOUS HUXLEY
1894 - 1963

The drugs forum should surely be a lot livlier than it usualy is.
i have only bombarded the place this evening with my copy and paste skills in the hope of having some informed and amusing disscusions, about what is a very serious topic, or group of topics. this place has turned into an, "i'm stoned" room.
surely theres a lot more to be said about this global topic that effects most of mankind ? like "duh..can you get cherry flavoured poppers"? i know our madness has a place here but thats all the "other"folk see.
lets liven this joint up a bit aye.. how do i turn the sound up ?

Comments

• Options
    uh... if the universe is everything but the universe is constantly expanding, what is it expanding into?

which is cooler, a spork or soap on a rope?

theres my contrabution for intelegent conversation...
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    uh... if the universe is everything but the universe is constantly expanding, what is it expanding into?

which is cooler, a spork or soap on a rope?

theres my contrabution for intelegent conversation...

this is just the kind of thing we need to see in here. everybody please welcome ..."i'm an addict and my names no name".
    see i knew i could change the world......
  • Options
    that looks like a quote from "the doors of perception" or maybe "heaven and hell".

Either way its just a matter of time before he starts talking about kangeroos.

However much you like huxley, you gotta like mescalin more.
  • Options
    I'd fucking love to get my hands on some mescal, thats preaty much top of my wish list.

Mrs Shulgins report of her mescal trip in Phikal is so detailed and fantastic, I'd highly recomend it.

As for detailed discussions, what do you think will be the top five most used drugs in ten years time? Is there room on the market for something quite different?
  • Options
    ahh, mescaline. memories of the early seventies. very beutiful , artisic and spiritual.
  • Options
    thanks for sharing the reminisance with us M.R. ...

But are you going to tell me if i guessed the quote right?
  • Options
    In theory that statement would work for the vast majority of the population.

But i think there a few things stopping that, like the truly fucked up mental people in the world. That statement in the eyes of a paedophile (sp?) may mean 2 him all kids look far better, it doesnt automatically change him into a normal good person, for example.
    it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise."

If it became an everyday occurance eventually it would become the norm and it wouldt feel particularly special.

But i think on the plus side it prolly would stop alot of the conflict in the world. Imagine bush and saddam totally loved up with each other lol, after a couple hrs there wudnt be a proplem any more