Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cannabis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was just wondering if draw does have any long term side effects? My parents keep going on about how my mood swings and stuff are because i toke and i was just wondering if it could be the reason...i dont feel like it effects me when the stoned feelings gone but does it??

Comments

• Options
    not particularily no. its like drinking, for most people it only lasts as long as the high lasts. Most people [except me] have mood swings anyway, something you pick up on when youre permanently happy :)
    Duffy
  • Options
    yea.just like duffy said,its like drink,but i personally think that alcohol causes far more problems than cannabis ever will.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    yea.just like duffy said,its like drink,but i personally think that alcohol causes far more problems than cannabis ever will.

cannabis causes problems? lol
    from what spliffy used to say, yould think it was better for you than, erm *thinks* cod liver oil tablets??? :D
    [/remniscing]
    lol
    Duffy
  • Options
    "Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs"
    George Bernard Shaw
    (1856 - 1950)
  • Options
    "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat
    calm and objective judgement in all human affairs."
    Albert Einstein
    1879-1955)
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Re: cannabis
    Originally posted by *smudge*
    i was just wondering if draw does have any long term side effects? My parents keep going on about how my mood swings and stuff are because i toke and i was just wondering if it could be the reason...i dont feel like it effects me when the stoned feelings gone but does it??

All drugs have their risks, both short term and long term. Long term cannabis use has been known to casue respiratory problems, even lung cancer among some users.

In terms of psychological long-term problems, there is conflicting research. Some reasearch suggests it can seriously impede memory and attention span and even cause psychosis.

But whether this is the case with all people and low-key users is still up for debate.

Dom
  • Options
    May I be right in assuming that your a teenager still living at home, if so then your mood swings are much more likely to do with the strange things your body is doing at the moment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    your mood swings are much more likely to do with the strange things your body is doing at the moment.

anyone would think you were a primary school teacher teaching sex education! :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    THE TALE OF TWO HASHISH-EATERS (Traditional)
    From 1001 Arabian Nights

There was once, my lord and crown upon my head, a man in a certain city, who was a fisherman by trade and a hashish-eater by occupation. When he had earned his daily wage, he would spend a little of it on food and the rest on a sufficiency of that hilarious herb. He took his hashish three times a day: once in the morning on an empty stomach, once at noon, and once at sundown. Thus he was never lacking in extravagent gaity. Yet he worked hard enough at his fishing, though sometimes in a very extravagent fashion.
  • Options
    I just know that I was a right bastard to my parents for no real reason for about 5 years when I was a teenager, I smoked puff all the time and flunked my exams, learn from me children, otherwise you'll end up like me.
  • Options
    yeh..recently (last year and a half) ive been toking way to much..i fucked up college last year, and im fucking up again this year...its probably just me being lazy though :(

one problem im having is that i dont eat unless ive got the munchies anymore :( i need to sort out my eating