Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Not friends anymore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been best friends with a girl for about 6 years nearly, we met on the internet, went out for a while but stayed close friends, if you saw us you would think of us as brother and sister we were that close. But ever since she met her b/f (of about ten months now) shes been a bit off, ignoring me, not having the time for me etc.

We used to meet up about once a month before, due to where we live and it was all good, but she met her new bloke and she suddenly didnt have time for me no more. Now ive got a text message saying from her that we are no longer friends, we dont know each other anymore, and i shoulda guessed by now we was not friends, and that there are plenty more people out there in the sea for me to be friends with.

Its broken my heart, my best friend of 6 years just tells me its over and doesnt even want to bother with me. She then txts again saying thanxs for everything with a few kisses.

I was with my g/f at the time and just burst out crying, i dont think she really knew what to do and maybe it was the wrong thing to do, but this is my best friend of 6 years we are talking about whos just dumped me.

Now i dont know if it is to do with her b/f, i hear it is to do with him being over protective of her, but i dont know. I dont know what to do, i cant try talking to her, she wont listen, shes stubborn like that, i just want her back as my friend and not to do that, how can someone just throw away 6 years of friend ship within a text message. I just duno what to do, everything reminds me of her, everything i see and do reminds me, i just want my friend back, but dont know what to do.

I just dont want her to become a memory where i look back and just sigh wishing i still spoke to her :'(

Comments

• Options
    Awww mate

My ex was like that, she didn't care about my feelings, only about making her new b/f feel less insecure. She did whatever she had to do to make him stop feeling so jealous, and was completely evil to me for ages. But now we've built a few bridges and everythings cool.

Maybe you're right, maybe your friends b/f doesn't like the idea of you being so close with her. If this is true, then there aint a lot you can do to change her mind. But then if the relationship breaks down, then there's a good chance she'll come back to you and start the friendship again.

Mind you, if she can be so heartless to end the friendship by a text message, then it makes you wonder about what kind of friend she really is. But you know her better than I do, so it's your call.

Give it time, and talk to your g/f about it, it'll make you feel a lot better.

:)
  • Options
    awww sorry 2 hear, thats sooo nasty dunno why sum ppl are like that!
  • Options
    Get used to it it's just like getting dumped for the billionth time.:lol:
  • Options
    It might not be her, it could be him. I've a friend and she's known this girl, and been best friends with her for about 23 years. Both went to same schools, always going out together etc. Anyway, my mates best friend met this guy, and coz he's such a cunt that nobody else likes, my mates mate just dropped her. 23 fucking years of frienship down the drain just because this ginger twat has no social skills. They say love is blind, and it sure can be:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Touche jelly:)
  • Options
    No its ok, i probably deserved her saying that.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that babes... all you can do is wait for her because she will come back after she realises she cant be without u, it will be hard for her too but she dont no that now, it takes a lifetime to forget a friend. and wen she comes back welcome her with open arms coz u dont wana loose her again. I shud know i lost a friend too jus like that but he came back an said he missed me even tho he tryed to forget me coz i had hurt him, he cudnt live witout me.....jus learn from experience eh? :) luv u babes...
  • Options
    Hi, first, just a little something about me:

I also met someone off the net, who I see more often than once a month. I've wanted her as a gf for ages, but we are just friends. I didn't just like her in that way, but love her too. She doesn't know this but when she gets a bf, I'm gonna stop seeing her, coz it'll be pretty painful seeing her with another guy, reason being that I love her too.

Anyway, this is unlikely but it could be that she thinks you 'like' her, and so sent that message coz she knows it would hurt you seeing her with another guy. (If you don't like her, then I'm obviously wrong).

I agree with the rest though on that, that its probably the bf being jealous, wanting to have her to himself. I hope you get back with her as friends, I've lost a few in the past, and takes a long time to get over.

Chris
  • Options
    It might not be her, it could be him

I dont know if you can remember, a few months ago, my friend lucy started ignoring me, it was because her boyfriend hated me and didnt want her talking to me.

It could be him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Chris61119842
    Hi, first, just a little something about me:

I also met someone off the net, who I see more often than once a month. I've wanted her as a gf for ages, but we are just friends. I didn't just like her in that way, but love her too. She doesn't know this but when she gets a bf, I'm gonna stop seeing her, coz it'll be pretty painful seeing her with another guy, reason being that I love her too.

Chris

but surely if you love this girl, then you wouldn't want to hurt hr by just ditching her if she gets a bf? I understand that it would hurt you to see her with someone else, but surely if you're willing to terminate the friendship over that, then the friendship isn't worth that much in the first place? i know I could never just dump my best friend, even if I did have feelings for him in that way