Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Summer 2003... help needed.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey everyone!

Well basically next summer will be the first time im goin on holiday without parents! woo! :hyper: so just a few questions i need help with.

1. Ok well probably goin for 14 nights about 4 of us, expectin to pay between £400-£650 ish, any advice on when you need to pay for the holiday, and the best method???

2. Ideas on where to go: we basically just want a mad fun holiday, not 100% sure about Ibiza / faliraki though, any tips or advice from experiences would be great!

:rolleyes:

Cheers :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Summer 2003... help needed.
    Originally posted by Rio
    1. Ok well probably goin for 14 nights about 4 of us, expectin to pay between £400-£650 ish, any advice on when you need to pay for the holiday, and the best method???

If you pre-book in advance, you can either pay for the entire holiday outright or pay a deposit and the rest at a later date (giving time to save). Some travel agents can also do it in installments.

If you make a late booking, you will usually have to pay for the entire holiday outright, as you will more than likely be travelling within the next couple of months.

If you pay using a credit card, you will probably get stung by a handling charge - not sure how much - about 2%? I usually pay by cheque or cash.

2. Ideas on where to go: we basically just want a mad fun holiday, not 100% sure about Ibiza / faliraki though, any tips or advice from experiences would be great!

:rolleyes:

Cheers :p

Ibiza/Faliraki/Ayia Napa are the obvious choices for a mad, fun holiday, but they will cost you. Not buying the tickets, but for food, drinks, and clubs.

I went to Playa De Las Americas (Tenerife) lat year and had an excellent time. Food, drinks and clubs are cheap. Loads of good bars and clubs.

My top 3 places to go, would be:

1) Ibiza
    2) Ayia Napa
    3) Playa De Las Americas

I'm sure where ever you go, you will have a mad time. Let us know where you book.
    Re: Re: Summer 2003... help needed.
    Originally posted by Infernoid

I went to Playa De Las Americas (Tenerife) lat year and had an excellent time. Food, drinks and clubs are cheap. Loads of good bars and clubs.

Yeah I went there this year & it was excellent. I'd recommend it! :)
    Re: Re: Re: Summer 2003... help needed.
    Originally posted by *hellie*

Yeah I went there this year & it was excellent. I'd recommend it! :)

Where abouts did you stay - just being nosey! :chin:
    this year was my first time away alone - went on an 18-30 holiday to lloret de mar in spain and it was good! not that cheap tho!
    going to faliraki next yr cant wait! if you want mad go anywhere with club 18-30 - they are brill holidays!

like everyone else has said the obvious places for a mad two weeks would be ayia napia, ibiza or faliraki but tenerife definitely comes recommened by me!!!

book in a shop and you can pay a small deposit then pay a bit off when you want by going into the shop!
    Hey thanks alot people, thats helped me out great! :)

Ive heard loads of god things about Playas de las mericas too, sounds fun, definatley will check it out.

as for "Club 18-30" do you need to be 18 when you book to..well qualify for those holidays??:confused: most of us will be 18 by then or turning 18 whilst on holiday, except maybe one person, so any problems there?...... Not definatley goin with 18-30 just wonderin.

Thanks again
    no you can go when your 17 but might neeed a letter of consent! id def recommened 18 -30 (there not as mad as everyone reckons) but everyones young and up for a good time so its great!!!

can i ask you female or male? how many of you going?
    Em cheers

Im male, probably about 4-6 ish of us goin
    well me and four other gals are heading out to faliraki in july - wouldnt mind some male company - hehe (just joking)!

if its clubs u want tho tenerife is more bars n smaller clubs - mostly r n b and cheese! the dance scene isnt really there - obviously ibiza, ayia napa and faliraki are the dance scene places to go at the mo but it depends wot ur looking for!

if your up for anything and want a wild time id def say 18 - 30! mad!!! but if you want cheap drinks and a smaller place then tenerife it is!

god cant you tell ive got the holiday bug!!! i want to be back in tenerife now! :(
    Well if youleave until the last week or two you can get some cheeper holidays, Thats if your not fussy on where u wanna go to.

If your looking for a mad holiday i would suggest Ayia Napa I was there in June 2002, it was aight, i mean im not used to going on such commercial holidays, But if you want something mad go to Napa - any way the weather is gorgeous
    Hey EASY NOW hipychick! lol

I think we will be headin on holiday sometime after 29th July, got T in the park to go to first!:D

By the way thanks everyone for the help, its totally at least pushed me in the right direction!

We'll definatley check out everythin mentioned :cool:

As for the "holiday bug" i totally know how your feelin! cant wait to get away again! Ah well only 10 months to go!....... i wish i didnt say that now!