Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Treason Lobby ~~ The Rest Of The Story!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I just hope the cat doesnt blow up in your face.;)

I think its booby trapped.
  • Options
    Now now, dont let the paranoia get to you. ;)
  • Options
    Clarifing the Proof

See Clandestine, the problem is that we have many ways of finding the weapons besides the weapons inspectors, in fact we know that they are there. The problem is that either the Human Sources or the Technology that was used to gather this information would be put in serious Jepordy if the proof was shown. Some of the information the President of the US isn't even allowed to know because of National Security. After all there is no security clearance requirements before someone can become CIC.

Sometimes I wonder what some people are thinking when they talk about "screw democracy". The United States is not a Democracy, it never has and it probably never will be. The United States is a Republic.

It's funny, some people (liberals) try and twist others words so that every time a liberals words are rebuked it's called taking away the first admendment. But the 2nd admendment should be abolished because a tool was used for the wrong purpose.:crazyeyes

More to come
  • Options
    Re: Clarifing the Proof
    Originally posted by sonofsam
    Sometimes I wonder what some people are thinking when they talk about "screw democracy". The United States is not a Democracy, it never has and it probably never will be. The United States is a Republic.

Yeah but isn't the US a democratic country (as opposed to a dictatorship)?

I think that's what people are referring to.

Or perhaps the Republicans' hatred of the Democrats is such they don't even want to speak of the US as a 'democratic' country? ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Clarifing the Proof
    Originally posted by Aladdin

Yeah but isn't the US a democratic country (as opposed to a dictatorship)?

I think that's what people are referring to.

Or perhaps the Republicans' hatred of the Democrats is such they don't even want to speak of the US as a 'democratic' country? ;)

The form of gov't in the US is a Republic, or a representative democracy. There is no country of any size that practices democracy. Not workable.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Indeed Uncle Joe, sadly it is. All the more proof that the current right wingers who are so enjoying their return to power are little better than Saddam himself.
    Please, just call me Joe. Or UJ. UJ sounds good. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Actually, Uncle Joe, the rant is more in the lines of the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type. The quote that appeals to me the most is: "Ah yes – we must mollify angry fanatics who seek our destruction because otherwise they might get mad and seek our destruction."

Coulter isn't calling for any American citizen's First Amendment rights to be curtailed. She is pointing out the contradictions in those who fail to recognize that sometimes action is required to stop evil.
    And I take it that, in your scenario, it's those poor (as in 'unfortunate') benighted conservatives who are chancing the inferno. It doesn't take any courage to oppose the views of the leaders of the world's most powerful country...

Action isn't always the best option. I remember something about a communist aparatchik saying that the capitalists were rushing headlong towards their oblivion, but "fear not! We shall overtake them..!"

Edited for an apostrophe and a quote mark.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe

Action isn't always the best option.

True enough, but inaction gave us Hitler's ovens, Stalin's gulags, and Pol Pot's killing fields. Action sometimes is the only choice if one wishes to survive.
  • Options
    "Duty is action ~~ Fight or die!"

Forget where I heard that one!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Diesel
    "Duty is action ~~ Fight or die!"

Forget where I heard that one!:rolleyes:

:)