Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A flood of heroin?

I have heard in a few news report that the UK going to have a 'flood of heroin' with an increase of "thousands of tones of heroin"

This set me thinking, what the fuck would we do with that much more heroin?
Lets look at the figures.

2000 tones (min amount for "1000's) = 2,000,000 kg

2,000,000kg = 2,000,000,000g

Working on 52 million people in the UK thats 38.46g for every man, woman and child EXTRA!

Also this is working on the basis that dealers dont cut the heroin at all.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont know if your figures are anything like acurate or not bong.
    only a stoner would sit there though and try to work that out..ya nutter !
    FREE HEROIN FOR ALL..........please duffy and all the rest of you young stoners....JUST THIS ONCE...listen to your elders.
    the small print tells you that you are selling your soul to the devil..
    ..the dragon. (note my little sig at the end please.)
    i have been there and made it back. most dont make it back.
    highly educated...talented..poor as a church mouse and thick as a brick......none of it has any bearing on who starts the journey and who makes it back. it is a destroyer of souls. trust me on this one.
  • Options
    dont worry mate id never touch the stuff :) *remembers saying something similar to this about smoking when younger* nah id never do it, i wouldnt really go much further than weed anyways. :D
    Duffy
  • Options
    Re: A flood of heroin?
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I have heard in a few news report that the UK going to have a 'flood of heroin' with an increase of "thousands of tones of heroin"

This set me thinking, what the fuck would we do with that much more heroin?
    Lets look at the figures.

2000 tones (min amount for "1000's) = 2,000,000 kg

2,000,000kg = 2,000,000,000g

Working on 52 million people in the UK thats 38.46g for every man, woman and child EXTRA!

Also this is working on the basis that dealers dont cut the heroin at all.
    ah, but maybe there would be a steady flow of it coming over during the next year if you get me. and the figures they put in nespapers are very often wrong. oh, and ive always wondered, is heroin a seed bearing herb? that would defeat the concept of genisis 1:12
    Duffy
  • Options
    Re: Re: A flood of heroin?
    Originally posted by duffy_2k

ah, but maybe there would be a steady flow of it coming over during the next year if you get me. and the figures they put in nespapers are very often wrong. oh, and ive always wondered, is heroin a seed bearing herb? that would defeat the concept of genisis 1:12
    Duffy
    it is indeed a seed bearing plant. it is also the best pain killer going with the best side effects. much nicer side effects than man made..much nicer than heroin. would god not provide pleasant pain killers ? takes a while to get physicaly addicted. maybe what is wrong is the mass cultivation for commercial gain ?
  • Options
    "genisis 1:12 - i have given you all the seed bearing plants and herbs to use"
    well heroin isnt that bad in small doses e.g for operations, so i suppose it could be good in a sense. weed also being a seed bearing herb and a painkiller, are any of the other seed bearing herbs painkillers?
  • Options
    Heroin itself isnt a seed bearing herb (heroin was originally a brand name). the opium poppy is. heroin is quite a heavily processed derivative As far as i know. most drugs derive from something natural originally, cocaine derives from the coca plant of south america, LSD originally was derived from a mould (except now its synthesised), Alcohol is just rotten vegetable water, natural does not always equal good and healthy. in fact its the natural stuff that can often be more potent.
  • Options
    Ya, Heroin isn't natural, its the opium thats natural. Heroin is crude opium mixed and heated with various chemicals, and through the stages of getting to heroin, you get morphine, codine, and some other drug i forget the name of. Heroin is man made.
  • Options
    pethidine?
  • Options
    It begins with a T.... Thebaine? It's summat like that
  • Options
    I wasnt suggesting that anyone try heroin I was just tyring to highlight to stupid nature of some news reports thats all.
  • Options
    Does it say how much of those 2K tonnes were for consumption in this country, and how much was for redistribution throughout europe?

I think that's what you need to take into account, to make your maths work a little better.

raidbow / shouty metal head : I would still say that natural drugs are better than synthisised, if not for effect, then for general wellbeing.

I'd rather take coke than speed, opium than herion and peyote (or salvia, or mushrooms) than LSD.

I also know which of the above has the worse comedown / after effects.
  • Options
    Hmmm, coke, that really natural drug? I'm not sure how much you know about how its made but it does envolve some nasty solvents.
    That and theres a significant chance that the coke that you've hovering up has passed though some mules body before getting to you. A nice thought I'm sure you'll aggree.

Opiums not really a natural drug either, I mean you have to force the poppy to 'bleed' and then it is normaly processed a bit before smoking. Raw opium direct from the poppy isnt a great smoke. That and your never ever going to find it outside of the growing areas of the world.

I'd aggree with you about the shrooms/lsd argument though.