Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

magic mushrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im thinkin of gettin sum so wat r they like, some one said there like pills is that true???

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no they are a mild version of L.S.D but the term mild can be misleading.
    do you think its likely that there real? because i know a mate that done them and he didnt halocanate. how much would they be? isit true i think i read it somewere that not all types of shrooms make you halocanate?

any help apreciated thanks
    Originally posted by Kid_With Problems
    do you think its likely that there real? because i know a mate that done them and he didnt halocanate. how much would they be? isit true i think i read it somewere that not all types of shrooms make you halocanate?

well maybe he got fobbed off and sold some normal mushrooms?
    no idea
    Duffy
    Originally posted by Kid_With Problems

not seen you around for a while kid....hows things ?
    tell me this is a wind up. people going out picking what they no not and swallowing it asking themselves why thier still alive.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    First of all in my opinion it's best not to buy them. Pick your own!

If you don't know what they look like then there's plenty of info on the net about Liberty Caps. Unlike many other parts of the world we only have around 5 sorts of fungus that make you trip. Liberty caps are the second most common but easily the safest to judge a dose.

By far the best way to learn what to pick is to go picking with someone who you knows for sure what they doing.

Brew up about 70 first time in a saucpan until a manky froth appears. Take the pan off for a bit then stick it back on all the time trying to raise this froth. After about 5 minutes pour the liquid and shrooms though a sive into another pan so that the shrooms collect in the sive. Take a potatomasher and squueze all the rest of the goodness out of the shrooms. You should be left with an extremely potent and nasty tasting brew.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'd aggree that it would be foolish to take some mystery mushrooms that your being sold. Make sure that you have the right sort.
    To be honest I've heard not so good things about liberty caps in that they arent the greatest shrooms that you can ingest, however a lot of people like them.

Shrooms arent really anything like pills, if thats what you want I'm afraid you will be disapointed. There really isnt any chemical that is like mdma.

Shrooms are great though, and can give you high levels of euphoria and a really nice trip. They feel very wholsome and really do feel like they are doing you some good.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    To be honest I've heard not so good things about liberty caps in that they arent the greatest shrooms that you can ingest, however a lot of people like them.

I don't think that they're the best either.

In Britain we have few different types of mushrooms and fungus that can cause trips:

Psilocybin shrooms (which includes Liberty's and a few other much rarer varieties) Fresh Liberty cap and Picked Liberty Caps (becasue after a while they dry out and change colour).

Amanitas this family of mushrooms are generally very dngerous and includes the Death Cap. However there is one member of this family that is very easy to recognise and in the right doses can be one of the most eurphoric trips you'll ever experience, they're my favourite anyway. It's called Amanita muscaria or Fly Agaric, and is probably one of the most common mushrooms in the country. This is what they look like- Fly Agaric

To get the best out of these and to use them safely you have to know what you're doing. Best thing to do is to have a look on Erowid.org and it'll explain how to use them safely and how to prepare them properly.

False Chanterelle (spelling) I've heard and read on a number of occasions that this not uncommon tree fungus can causes trips. However I'm not totally sure and I can't find anything on erowid so I've never bothered trying it.

Ergot ...which I know very little about. I know that it can be used to make LSD but occurs naturally in the wild growig on cereals such as barley etc. Although highly poisonous, in small doses it used to be used by midwifes for pain relief in medievil times. I remember seeing somwhere that the fungus used to wind up in bread and send whole villages mad. Whether that's true or not, Ergot is probably the most powerful substance that occurs naturally in this country.Ergot
    Weekender Offender 
    where can i find these shrooms anywere near london?? also can they be grown at home.

hey mroll ant been around for a while been stayin off everything
    Fly Agaric, thats the one, I couldnt think of the name, they're the ones that the hippies always have if you go to trance parties.

As for getting shrooms in London, I'd say you'd have to buy them, yes they do grow on some of the larger parks but you'd be bloody lucky to find any. Price wise when I've bought them they have been quite pricey but worth it, generaly being about £4 a gram, with an 1/8oz twisting two people very nicely.

As for growing them, yes you can do that, its not so hard, however to my knowlage it is illegal, and obviously I wouldnt recomend that.
    You can either order the spore sringes from the 'dam and then inject them into the growing matter or you can buy a ready injected spore kit, however thats more expencive and harder to get. Some head shops do them but I'm sure if you looked you'd be albel to find a seller on the net.

The kits themself are not illegal, like cannabis seeds however as soon as you use them I think its a crime.
    did you know that you can die from taking the wrong mushrooms? they are quite hard to identify (even from photo's). i wouldn't risk it without an experienced mycoligist (spell?) by my side.

as for cooking them... you're wasting them!! there are two active chemicals (psilocycin, psilocybin or something like that) that give halucinations. psilocycin (spell?) gets destoyed after something like 94 degrees, so you are only getting half the trip you're supposed to. rather try and throw them in a blender, mix in some orange juice and gulp down!

the effects are not like pills at all. more like lsd, but milder.

don't over do it though, you will be sorry. ppl have tried to kill themselves while on high doses (thinking that the only way they can understand living is by dying and sort of shit... scary stuff). start off with a 2g(dry, 20g wet) dose and work you're way up in .5 increments. don't be stupid, there's alway tomorrow! shrooms are not a party drug!! take them at a peacefull place like a forest or a park (first time anyways).

as for finding them in the wild, why don't you just grow your own. it's really not that hard and you can do it in a box in your closet!! it will take you about an hour or three a week and you can trip every weekend!

go check out www.mycotopia.net. more specifically check out the invitro-tek under the teks section. you will need some spores as well. you can find a vendor under the links section (or vendors or something... not sure).

spore syringe will set you back about $10-20 from which you can get pounds of shrooms... never have to buy a syringe again and have a life supply of shrooms!! spores are legal in most countries... since you are just going to look at them under a microscope right?

anyways, just thought i should share... hope it helps!