Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

'Best Friends'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry in advance for starting this thread... Just been bugging me.

What is it with teenage girls (well... mainly...) and this 'best friend' thing. Sure - it is great to have somebody to call a best friend but to get up in arms if they start hanging out a bit more with another person is a bit daft... They are not being 'taken off you', they are simply hanging out with somebody who may have slightly different views/interests etc etc etc.

In the long run, all friends count, don't they?!?! :confused:

Yeah, I have a person I would call my best friend - but I would not have any problems with him hanging out with other people?!?!? I live in London (currently) and he is in Bradford... It would be VERY silly to think this way.

Sure, you may be slightly hurt that they are spending a little less time with you - but so what?!? (That was not meant to sound as harsh as it did...)

They are still your friend! Maybe the other person could also be your friend (if they are not already...), and after all, two friends are (usually) better than one...

Relax and chill out :)

Life is too short to be messing about arguing and stressing about such trivial matters!!! As I say - a friend is a friend, even if they spend a little less time with you. This happens and doesn't change the older you get (he says from his towering 23 years... ;) )

Again - sorry for starting this thread... Just always seems like a daft thing to be upset about to me! :confused:

G. :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: 'Best Friends'
    Originally posted by g_angel007
    Sure - it is great to have somebody to call a best friend but to get up in arms if they start hanging out a bit more with another person is a bit daft...

What are the girls like where you live? Because I don't think I know many girls who are like that at all.
    Re: Re: 'Best Friends'
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing

What are the girls like where you live? Because I don't think I know many girls who are like that at all.

Me neither except the ones still at primary school.
    Ooops...

I kind of remember typing that...

Anyways, in response to your comments, there are several threads on this site that cover the situation I described.

Just *drunkenly* thought I would comment...

Never mind...

;):D
    Re: Re: 'Best Friends'
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing

Me neither.