Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

An idea for the MODS

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hey Mods, I have come across a good idea for thesite.
As you know there are nearly 8000 members, however out of those 8000 at least half have signed up and never posted. Others signed up years ago, posted once and never returned.

What I'm suggesting, isn't for them to be banned but for their details to be removed from the database, so they can still join again but their details aren't clogging everything up.
My reasons for this are

There are people who want to join, but can't because their name has been taken.
It makes it hard to search for someone if there are many variations on a name.
The remaining number will give a true indication of how many people actually use thesite still, and it makes it easier to keep track of everybody.

I'm not sure how you could do this, but maybe deleting people with zero posts to begin with? That should free up about 3000 names at least.
Just an idea.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yes and no...

Remember that when applying for advertising, and funding thesite is going to have to say how many registerd users it has, and the higher this number the more advertising and funding it gets.

Get rid of 10% of the registerd users and you get rid of a chunk of funding too. (prolly not 10%, but you get the point)
    It would be a good idea though.
    Originally posted by cokephreak
    yes and no...

Remember that when applying for advertising, and funding thesite is going to have to say how many registerd users it has, and the higher this number the more advertising and funding it gets.

Get rid of 10% of the registerd users and you get rid of a chunk of funding too. (prolly not 10%, but you get the point)

It's a good point, however the people who sponsor thesite regularly visit the boards and the rest of thesite. They know 2 things:
    There is a lot more to thesite than the message boards
    Out of 8000 members, may be 150 post on a regular basis.

They can work those 2 things out regardless of what the number at the top says.