Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Importing Diet Pills from USA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We stumbled upon a diet supplement called [name removed] from the USA and ordered the capsules ... we were then told that the capsule contains Ephedrine and that it was illegal to sell them in the UK. One of my friends is a distributor and is very concerned. Online research is bringing up conflicting information. Is it illegal to sell these as a UK distributor?? Is it illegal to have them for personal use?? Where do we stand as 'users' of the supplement and as distributors?? The Ephedrine is below US FDA recommended limits (apparently). Any help greatly appreciated!

[MESSAGE EDITED TO REMOVE NAME OF PILLS ETC]

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    id try putting this on the drugs forum if i were you.
    Yeah I agree with rainbow_brite!

And I bet this will be the only post 'Concerned Diete' will make! :rolleyes:
    TheSite does not condone the use or promotion of diet pills as a healthy way to lose weight. You should exercise and eat healthily instead.

As for the law on ephedrine, see here

Susie
    Even talking from a fitness and health viewpoint and not a legal one those pills are seriously bad news.
    Basicaly, diet suplements fall in to two catagories in my mind (I'm a regular in the drug bit so I'll try to help)
    1) Crap, anything they can flog that wont really help you at all, the most comon being, gising, caffine, ginko etc
    2) Speed, now this comes in lots of forms but basicaly its the same, if they could sell you speed they would but insted is ethadrine which is lower down the legal standing.

Now speed can help you loose weight, it did to me but then I was addicted to the stuff. I'm 5 10 and I was about 8 stone and not looking good.
    It does this but reducing your hunger and by putting your body into a state of emergancy where by it eats up your fat stores and makes your organs run faster.
    This does sound great, but there are serious drawbacks, all types of speed are addictive and if your using them on a daily basis then your even more likely to.
    Because they make your organs run faster they can burn out faster. If you do an ortopsy on a 30 year old speed freek they will have the organs of an 80 year old! Its not good for your system.
    Also because ethadrine is lower down the chain of speed type drugs you will get the down points without the ups, ie you will feel jittery, on edge, paranoid etc without the 'high' that comes from proper speed.
    Also if your a bloke then there is a serious risk of it making you impotent, at least in the short term because of its effect on circulation. Women also may well not be able to orgasm.

This is aside from the legal stand point of ethadrine which I'm preaty sure somes under the same braket as normal speed as class B. This means inporting it is a serious offence.

Well hope this helps.
    Well aparently acording to 'thesites' great reference section ethadrine doesnt come under the misuse of drugs act but it does come under the medicines act and therefore you'd have to have a licence before importing.
    I seriously doubt they will be tracking you down with dogs though, the main reason I'd say not to do it is that its a crap drug with all the down sides of speed without the plus.