Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Laptops

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know a good cheap online business where i cud buy a basic laptop(not a big fancy one)thanks for ur help.

Comments

• Options
    What do you want to use it for? If you explain your circumstance we'll be able to help you... :)
  • Options
    Your best bet is maybe a local computer fair. Watch out for ones with dodgy battery or piss poor ram size though.
    I've seen P266's going for £200 before now but they all had 'nipple' control rather than touch pad mouse else I'd have maybe bought one myself. At that speed they're only any good for browsing and shit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pugwash69
    Your best bet is maybe a local computer fair. Watch out for ones with dodgy battery or piss poor ram size though.
    I've seen P266's going for £200 before now but they all had 'nipple' control rather than touch pad mouse else I'd have maybe bought one myself. At that speed they're only any good for browsing and shit.
    I've been browsing ebay and QXL, and have noticed that you can pick up a reasonably well specified laptop with around 20 GB hard drive, 64-128 MB memory, 500-700 Mhz CPU, built in modem and LAN, and a DVD or CD-RW drive, for around £500-600.
    I didn't realise that the older PII 266's were that cheap nowadays. Ideal, as you said, for surfing the net, word processing, etc, on.
    As for the nipple mice, I actually quite like them, and find it quite intuitive to use. I'm surprised nobody has built them into an affordable desktop computer keyboard yet. Of course, nipple mice and touch pads aren't a true replacement for a decent mouse, but they can be convenient.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    As for the nipple mice, I actually quite like them, and find it quite intuitive to use.

Pervert! :D
  • Options
    its just for typing up stuff and printing it out and making spreadsheets..simple things Justin Credible.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pugwash69

Pervert! :D
    I can't help having experience of nipples. I have two of my own for a start. *manipulates nipples* :D

Shogun, it sounds like an older second hand laptop, like Pugwash suggested, is probably a good bet for what you intend to use it for.

Mr_Wobble ;)