Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New Uni students

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone scared???

Im 27 so im a mature student.I already have 3 kids and Im doing B.A (hons) in Humanities.

Ive got the collywobbles like mad! Anyone else scared?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey good for you!;) No reason to be scared really. After all, you've got 3 kids and what can be scarier than that? You'll be fine - I was scared when I started uni because I was only 18 and it was my first time away from home. You've got more experience of life - use it to your advantage..
    I'm terrified! I'm hearing from loads of friends who have already gone and are having a great time - I'm a bit worried about being the only one not enjoying myself. I'm not into clubbing and drinking all the time!
    Actually, neither was I before I started uni and nor I am now really. Uni gives you a chance to define yourself as who you want to be, not what other people think you should be. My friends aren't hardcore clubbers nor are they heaver drinkers but you'll find out more about yourself by the people you hang around with.
    Re: New Uni students
    Originally posted by Esmerelda
    Anyone scared???

I'm leaving to go to uni in a couple of hours, and I'm now really shitting myself. I haven't been worried before now, and I didn't think I would be, but I am and I don't really want to go to be honest. I will do, I just don't want to.

I don't know why it never occured to me before, but I hate having to talk to people I don't know. I'm useless at it, and I'm not really going to get much choice. I know everyone is in the same boat and all that crap, but that doesn't in the least bit make me feel any better. I think this first week is going to be the worst :(
    As time ticks on and I get closer to my start day, i'm getting more and more nervous

I guess thats the bad side of going to uni after every1 else - you dont get the camaraderie of all setting off together
    Where are you studying Cymru?