Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

got a interview

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im so happy ive got a job interview on monday! just thought id tell ya! :D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ohh good luck! :)

What job is it for?
    so you've got an interview then?

Good luck!! :D
    Well done - let us know how it goes!
    i went for my interview today and it went really well and i got the job :D:):p
    Originally posted by *hellie*
    Ohh good luck! :)

What job is it for?

Big W :)
    Congratulations! ;)

It's a great feeling knowing that the money in your wallet is yours and you've earned it... Love it :D
    Originally posted by babes r us

Big W :)

Errr, whats that? :confused:
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

Errr, whats that? :confused:

its part of the woolworths group i swear no where has one except coventry. its like woolworths but alot bigger! i went for my induction today and i start on thursday! :D
    its part of the woolworths group i swear no where has one except coventry
    We've got a Big W in Glasgow and it's huuuuge!
    kool! i thought coventry was the only place, but i was wrong! :D
    How are u liking your job then babes r us?
    i start tomorrow! i got a phone call to have an interview tomorrow for tk maxx. so i never had a job and no on wanted me now everyone does. i dont know what to do cus if i get the job at tk maxx i would like to work there! so confused :confused:
    i start tomorrow! i got a phone call to have an interview tomorrow for tk maxx. so i never had a job and no on wanted me now everyone does. i dont know what to do cus if i get the job at tk maxx i would like to work there! so confused :confused:

Ahh it's always the way! I remember when I got my first ever job working in Iceland. I had gone for an interview both there & Superdrug, Iceland let me know that they wanted me so I started working there. One week later & Superdrug phoned saying they wanted me as well!

When I got my job where I am at the mo, I also had an interview at H Samuels. I'd been working where I am now for about a month then H Samuels said they wanted me!

Both times I stayed where i'd originally started working but I do wonder what would of happened if I had swapped.

The main reason for me staying where i'd already accepted was the pay was higher & I prefered the hours they were offering me anyway.

If I was u i'd find out what TK Maxx are offering u, hours u would work, rate of pay, discounts etc & weigh up the pros & cons of each. As u have only just started at Big W u won't have to give much, if any notice I should think to leave.

Good luck! :)
    i started big w today and i really enjoyed it! i also went for my interview at tk maxx and that went really well, they are gonna ring me tomorrow and tell me if i was succesful. they both offer the same discounts and both nearer enough give me the same amount. but tk maxx pays more. but like my mum said money aint everythin. first of all im gonna see if i get the job at tk maxx then see what i do! do you regret not going for the other jobs??
    If u enjoy it & the people u are working with are friendly then I would stick with it personally. Your Mum is right, money isn't everything. I'd much rather be working for a lower wage but with decent people & a not too bad a job than a high wage but with people I hate & a crappy job. :)

I don't regret not going for the other jobs but I do wonder what would of happened if i'd worked there instead. Working for Iceland was pretty crap as I didn't get on with anyone I worked with except one person but with the Superdrug job, it was when i'd just split up with one of my ex's & one of his mates works there & said he was gonna beat me up & shit if I had worked there. :rolleyes: Still got no idea why to this day & it was nearly 2yrs ago now!

As for the job i'm in at the mo, well i'm handing my notice in on Sunday. I've been there for about a year now & when I started everyone was lovely & the work was good. Now it is just awful & I dread going into work. I am glad I did start there & not H Samuels though as i've made some great friends & it is also easier to get to.

I've now applied for yet another job, only one so far though so hopefully won't have the 'argh, which one do I go for' thing although knowing my luck I won't get it anyway! :(

If u are enjoying working for Big W then I would stick with it personally. U may find u hate TK Maxx & if TK Maxx do offer u the job u always have the option of applying there again if things don't work out at Big W as u know u had something they wanted! :)
    its all sorted!! :shocking: im staying at big W. my mum works at tx maxx and they said i did a great interview and they would want me to work for them but i cant cus my mum works there. but i dont mind cus im happy at big W! thnx for all the advice hellie. good luck in finding a job make sure you tell me how it goes! :D
    kool! i thought coventry was the only place, but i was wrong! :D

Also one in Bristol.

Oh, and congrats! :)
    its all sorted!! :shocking: im staying at big W. my mum works at tx maxx and they said i did a great interview and they would want me to work for them but i cant cus my mum works there. but i dont mind cus im happy at big W! thnx for all the advice hellie. good luck in finding a job make sure you tell me how it goes! :D

Aww, glad it's going well! :)

Only 3 more weeks left for me at my work place. Still haven't heard from the other place i've applied to but the deadline for applications was only on Friday.

Aww, glad it's going well! :)

Only 3 more weeks left for me at my work place. Still haven't heard from the other place i've applied to but the deadline for applications was only on Friday.

thankz :D
    hope you get the job! are you looking forward to leaving your job ay the mo?
    Originally posted by Infernoid

Also one in Bristol.

Oh, and congrats! :)

kool and thank you :thumb:

thankz :D
    hope you get the job! are you looking forward to leaving your job ay the mo?

Yup! :D

Had to tell the guys who work in the gym & on the bar when I work y/day though & they were really upset. :( Still I see them a lot outside of work anyway so it won't be too bad. I still felt bad though.

I hate working w/ends though & I hate the new managers & haven't been happy for a good few months now though so I am very much looking forward to leaving. I was training the new girl taking my place y/day, that was quite fun actually! :D Second person i've had to train now & I love doing it for some reason!

Yup! :D

Had to tell the guys who work in the gym & on the bar when I work y/day though & they were really upset. :( Still I see them a lot outside of work anyway so it won't be too bad. I still felt bad though.

I hate working w/ends though & I hate the new managers & haven't been happy for a good few months now though so I am very much looking forward to leaving. I was training the new girl taking my place y/day, that was quite fun actually! :D Second person i've had to train now & I love doing it for some reason!

i hate working weekends aswel well i only work saturday!have you heard about the other job, have they said how long it will be till they get back to you. im enjoying working at big W i get payed on friday and goin down town friday night! woohoo :D:p:)

have you heard about the other job, have they said how long it will be till they get back to you.

I haven't heard yet, it said on the advert that u should be contacted within approx 2 weeks of the closing date of applications which was only on Friday so got a while to wait yet. :)
    well done babes r us!!:thumb:

and theres a Big W at Norwich too!!:p
    Originally posted by Ppoppy
    well done babes r us!!:thumb:

and theres a Big W at Norwich too!!:p

kool and thank you :hyper:

I haven't heard yet, it said on the advert that u should be contacted within approx 2 weeks of the closing date of applications which was only on Friday so got a while to wait yet. :)

well make sure you tell me when you find out! :D

i got my first pay slip today and i got £111.03 :yes: i have money! :hyper: but got underpayed £26 but im gonna sort that out when i go into work tomorrow! :)

well make sure you tell me when you find out! :D

i got my first pay slip today and i got £111.03 :yes: i have money! :hyper: but got underpayed £26 but im gonna sort that out when i go into work tomorrow! :)

Will do! :)

Ohh, it's great that first pay slip isn't it! My work under paid me this month as well. Bastards. Should be getting a whole load of money at the end of next month though with that added on top & all my holiday money being paid as i'm leaving! :D Can't wait!
    We got a Big W in Bristol too :)

Will do! :)

Ohh, it's great that first pay slip isn't it! My work under paid me this month as well. Bastards. Should be getting a whole load of money at the end of next month though with that added on top & all my holiday money being paid as i'm leaving! :D Can't wait!

your going to be loaded then :D i was so happy when i got payed it feels really weird that ive got money and all i have to do is go to the cashpoint and ive got money :hyper:

and ive already spent £40 :shocking: and i only got payed on friday and all ive brought is rope lights and paid for me and my bf to go cinemas and have a maccie D's!! :D

i dont know what i can spend my money on, i think because i know its there i want it, but i think im going to try an save it because ive only got 2 more pay days b4 christmas and ive gotta save up for all those prezzies im buying! :D