Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What do you do for exercise?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I`ve been doing tae bo, anyone else tried it? I`ve been doing it 6 days a week for a month, mainly just the 8 minute work out as I don`t often have time to fit in the whole thing. The first time I did it I felt like my throat was going to explode, I had to stop about 5 times and I collapsed in a heap at the end!! Now, a month on, my fitness level has improved dramatically, I have more energy than I`ve had since I was a kid after being permanently tired for the last 10 years and I look a bit more toned too. I`d recommend this to anyone.

I`m looking for other activities to do now as well. What kind of exercise do you enjoy doing most?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most of the time I go the the gym to tone up etc but I love salsa dancing, it's so sexy and fun esp if you have a cute dance partner :D:naughty: But for me the most 'fun' form of exercise has to be sex :D
    I do aerobics, dance and thighs, tums and bums. The last one is flippin' torture.

I haven't done a bit of exercise for almost a year, and started this wee regime a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to do a Liz Hurley and ditch the excess baby weight.
    I do as little as possible, well walking to college counts I suppose, Ok I DO do exercise, I walk!
    Originally posted by go_away
    But for me the most 'fun' form of exercise has to be sex :D

Hehe, gotta agree there! :D

Other than that I love swimming, dancing & aerobics. I really want to take up kick boxing as well.
    I don't exercise, i think it's bad for me. Unless it's sex. In which case it's ok. And i do walk all the time, so i exercise like that, but the idea of going somewhere with the specific idea of exercising brings me out in a cold sweat and i have to go and have a lie down for a while.
    Aerobics, lots of walking and running up and down the stairs :)
    Originally posted by lovedup
    I haven't done a bit of exercise for almost a year, and started this wee regime a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to do a Liz Hurley and ditch the excess baby weight.

Same here lovedup. I`d REALLY recommend tae bo, I`ve dropped 10 lb in the last 3 weeks by doing that and cutting out sugary junk.
    I like to walk lots, usually 2-3 hours a day. I like cycling and running when i can be arsed. I don't like exercise classes, I prefer to do stuff on my own and I'd be far too self-concious in a gym. And I'm skint too, so wah.
    Kickboxing, Boxing, Aerobics,Footy,General gym stuff.
    Originally posted by Fairy
    and running up and down the stairs :)

Oh yeah, i do that too... i live on the top floor of our house, and i'm a forgetful person, so i think that on average, i go up and down these stairs about 25 times a day. Keeps my legs toned :D
    Aerobics, gym and general stuff like walking. All the exercise I get is mainly in school PE lessons. I really want to take up kickboxing though.
    DO swimming. Its the best form of excersice and relaxation. And it'll help you with your back problems and it'll tone your body with minimal damage to joints.

You only get 70, 80 year old ppl doing swimming. Bc anything else harms the body.
    Sex sex and more sex with a bit of swimming thrown in for good measure is normally my way.:D
    I do lots of horse riding and i have to agree that the best form of exercise is......sex!!:D
    I walk everywhere, and im a fast walker, thats what helped me shift the baby weight! I lost 4 stone over the course of a year!
    Originally posted by Scorpion
    ... i have to agree that the best form of exercise is......sex!!:D

Whilst forced to admit that it is by FAR the most fun form of exercise, unfortunately it doesn`t seem to be very effective for shedding the lbs :(
    Have you done a Tae-Bo class or do you do this with the help of a manual / video Etc ?
    Sounds good !
    i go to the gym sometimes, when i can be bothered. i work in a leisure centre so i get it free. i swim most days, it used to be i would swim maybe three times a week but this past 3 weeks or so i have been doing it 6 days a week and really pushing myself. i swim a mile. i would also take my dog on a 2 mile walk about twice or three times a week, plus 200 sit ups every day...its so hard, but im trying my best and have cut out the junk. its kinda frustrating though, cos im doing so much exercise im building up muscle weight and when i look at the scales i get frustrated. but i realise it takes time to lose the weight.
    I spend most of the time swimming. That does it all for me.
    Originally posted by TheMusicMan
    Have you done a Tae-Bo class or do you do this with the help of a manual / video Etc ?
    Sounds good !

Haven`t found any classes near me, so its videos for me! There are various ones, the Focus Abs and Glutes one is a killer! :eek: