Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

piercing problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've had my nose pierced for nearly 8 weeks now but I think it has got infected some how. There is a small lump which has formed above it, which I have heard is quite common and comes usually from knocking the piercing which sounds about right as I ripped it a tiny bit a day before the lump formed. :eek:

It's worrying me as I don't want it go grow any bigger as it is pretty noticeable already! I'm going to try and change the silver stud I have in now back to the original titanium one, even though it has a much thicker gauge as I think that might reduce infection.
Has anyone had something similar or know what I should do about it? thanks :(

Comments

• Options
    you should probably see a doctor, what's probably happened is some of the infection has been sealed off causing a lump - they can drain it for you. I wouldn't fiddle with it anymore than you already have at the moment.
  • Options
    I rang up the piercing place and the guy said that when I knocked the piercing and it half came out, some dirt got in and has lodged itself in the piercing causing a lump like a spot. He said it should burst soon (euughh! :eek2: ) and should then heal as normal. I hope he's right! If that doesn't happen then I think I will go to the doctor. Thanks for the help anyway sa-ra-ra-ra :thumb:
  • Options
    Take a butchers at www.tribalectic.com 's FAQ page. :)
  • Options
    :eek: eeewwww!! piercings are cool and everything, but not the infection that normally goes with them!! my friends belly button exploded with puss when she had it pierced, disgusting or what?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by 100% Chevalier
    Take a butchers at www.tribalectic.com 's FAQ page. :)

Thanks, I actually had a look at that website earlier on this afternoon, it was pretty useful and good to know for future reference. Thanks :cool:
  • Options
    sorry no advice, don't have that pierced, but i hope it heals nice for you and you don't end up having to take it out.
  • Options
    Maybe if you left it out for a couple of days the infection might heal up?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb
    Maybe if you left it out for a couple of days the infection might heal up?

it will close up by then. even 1 day, at least my friends closed up after about a day, and she had had it in about a year.
  • Options
    I know that if you get a lump like that on your ear, esp. at the top of the ear, a remedy is to rub extra virgin olive oil into it. I have absolutely no idea why or how it works, but it my friend tried it and it does! Not sure if it will work the same on your nose but it might be worth a try?? :confused: