Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Desperate for a job...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How come when you really really want a job you dont get one!In the past few months i must have sent CV's and application forms off to nearly 50 places,yet ive had three interviews and for all i werent suitable :( I know it sounds silly but it seems that nobody wants to employ me!Im only lookin for weekend work and i know a lot of students are aswell..but it feels my turn to get one is never going to come!:( :nervous: :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have faith...

That said look at what you do, check your CV (if you want help there are plenty online, or if you want to email it, I'll give it the once over), think about what you say in an interview and how you dress.

Because I can't be too specific about your technique just remember to look at the person who you are talking, always address your answer to the person who asked the question, sit up straight, don't fidget and don't let anyone know that you are "desperate"!

Think about the jobs you are applying for, and always, always do some research into the place you are interviewing for. Drop some of the information you have found out into the interview, let the interviewing know that you have researched the company.

On you application form, make sure that you have covered all of the points on the job description (eg if the job asks that you must be polite, emphasise your politeness etc)...

Not sure what else to say.

Good luck.
    Just to let you know Cinderella,

I'M IN THE EXACT SAME BOAT!!

I'm an A-lvel student and am too looking for evening and weekend work, yet to no avail.
    :banghead:

Keep trying though.

Hopefully I'll be able to find something for christmas.
    Thanx for replying!Im feelin a bit betta about it now,just thinkin if a jobs meant to be it'll be!Cant believe i actually got so upset over not getting a job...i think its just the rejection part!My boyfreind went to his first interview the other day and got it straight away.I jus dont seem to have any luck,maybe one day i will!Thanx anyway :p
    I'm in the same boat. been looking for nearly a year now for a permanent job, although I am being fussy so that prob explains it.

Quit uni about a year ago so i could come home and be with my now ex, (big mistake but never mind) Anyway I now want something which will either give me the chance to progress through a career or will allow me to either take on some form of training myself or through the company.

Just no-one wants people with A-Levels. They either want 16 year olds they can train on poor wages or people with degrees. Just wish someone would give me the chance to prove myself.:(
    Originally posted by Kazbo
    They either want 16 year olds they can train on poor wages or people with degrees.

That's not true! I've got a good degree and I still can't get a job! The field I wanna go into only seems to offer jobs to people with at least a years experience and a lot of the ads actually state 'no graduates'....how am I supposed to get this experience if no one will give me a chance?! :confused::(
    Im feeling the same!

Ive handed in CV's everywhere lately! still no job!

Im in my last year @ high school and im goin crazy cause i cant get a job, almost all my friends have jobs, why the hell cant i get one! lol

Anyways off to my bed soon, more job huntin after school tomorow