Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Please share your spot tips...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
While most of us aren't 'spotty', I'm sure that all of us get the odd spot here and there on our face.
In my case, I go out clubbing every saturday, and I usually get one or two spots appearing on my face every sunday (I've noticed this, maybe because of all of the smoke and dirt of last nights clubbing). That gives me 6 days to get rid of my spots until I go clubbing again (I don't mind having a spot during the week, or when I go cinema/bowling etc). Is there anyway that I can speed up the healing process of the spot, or anyway that I can make the spot a whitehead quicker, so that I can pop it. Also, if you have any other spot tips, can you please share them.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    toothpaste.
    just as soon as you get home, give yourself a good facial. cleans everything out before it can set in.
    What does a facial involve exactly?
    I used to put babys nappy rash cream on a spot just before I went to bed, that used to work a treat.
    Tea Tree Oil. Drys the bastards right up.
    *Sulks and folds her arms*

I was going to say that Kinky :p
    I just wash my face with water before I go to bed.
    Originally posted by crescendo
    What does a facial involve exactly?

A Penis and some spunk.
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    toothpaste.

I went out on a date with this guy in work the other day, and he had forgotten to wash the toothpaste off his face :yeees:
    After you get in from the club cleanse your face either with a cleaners lotion or a facial wash like Clearasil, although supermarkets own brands work just as well and are cheaper!

You should also moisturise depending on your skin type.

Other tips? Drink lots of water during the week because it flushes toxins out of your skin.
    Make you you get enough vitamins aswell, think about taking some supplements perhaps?
    Originally posted by my_name
    just as soon as you get home, give yourself a good facial. cleans everything out before it can set in.

well they always did say semen was good for the skin :lol:
    a home facial (not the sexual one, thank you very much for corrupting my poor inocent mind) is...

filling the sink with steaming hot water. cover the sink with a towel and put your face next to the steam, this opens your pores. keep that for about 10 minutes. after that wash your face with whatever face soap you want to use, it reall doesn't matter. after that, put some type of astrengent or pore cleaning pads, (anything with salicylic acid should be fine) let it sit to let your skin absorbe it all, then rinse your face with cold water to close your pores. dry and put on some type of lotion.

i have found this to work for me at least.
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    toothpaste.
    when I was younger toothpaste was used to get rid of lovebites:D
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

when I was younger toothpaste was used to get rid of lovebites:D
    had they invented toothpaste when you were young?
    hehehe just kididng hunnybunny
    Originally posted by Sir Cum

A Penis and some spunk.

Hurrah. Gimme, gimme, gimme:D
    Try washing your face with salt water, and then putting germoline cream on the spot. That's what I do and it works a treat, works better than oxy and other spot creams :)
    every1 is differnt thought women get away with spots cause thier wear make up